Page 52 of 285 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    Aha, my water is about pH 7.
    Maybe I should add some ACV for a test some time.
    I also put the Tritest (pH-tester) to my catnip infusion damped hair, and that was pH 5, probably cause I used amla+soapnuts used before, and that had pH 3!.

By lower dilution, you mean "less catnip in the amount of water"? I think so, but ask anyway so I don't have to wonder...
    If so, a stronger infusion would be more conditioning? I had understand from this thread that it could be drying when using more catnip, but I have a lousy English vocabulary :-/
    Ok, there seems to be some confusion in terminology.

Lower dilution to me is less water. I should have said more concentration of catnip.

I originally started with 1 tsp catnip to 1 cup of water, then 250 ml, then I increased the amount of water to what I use now.

I also decreased the catnip from a heaping tsp to a level tsp.

More than a level tsp of catnip to less than about 275 to just under 300 ml of water was more astringent for me.

Less catnip to more water is perfect for me.

I am used to dilution "speak" from the Honey thread, lol. Sorry if I got you all turned around.
    Last edited by ktani; November 21st, 2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: adjust text

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Oh, I should now by now what dilution means. But sometimes I get unsure of if I have understood correctly.
    I have read about diluted schampoo wich should mean "adding water to schampoo, getting it milder". ^_^

Astringent should mean getting the cuticle "flat" (the cuticle "shells" to lay down), like with apple cider vinager? (I use online dictionaries, but they do not allways give the exact meaning for every purpose.)

Oh, I should now by now what dilution means. But sometimes I get unsure of if I have understood correctly.
    I have read about diluted schampoo wich should mean "adding water to schampoo, getting it milder". ^_^

Astringent should mean getting the cuticle "flat" (the cuticle "shells" to lay down), like with apple cider vinager? (I use online dictionaries, but they do not allways give the exact meaning for every purpose.)
    It is not what you "should know" and I am glad that you asked. People tend to use terms loosely and in their own way. Only by asking can you be clear about what someone else means.

To me, what you did by asking, is good communication in terms of wanting to be sure of what I meant.

Astringent to me means more drying as well as the cuticle tightening aspect.
    Last edited by ktani; November 21st, 2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Thank you for helping, ktani.
    Great help.

Thank you for helping, ktani.
    Great help.
    My pleasure!

Length
    BSL/waist/thigh

So this morning I was carrying my mug of catnip tea upstairs, and the cat starts meowing for attention. She always wants to see what kind of beverage I have in my mug or cup, so this is nothing new. I held the mug down for kitty to sniff and she drank some of the tea! This was funny because she has never shown an interest in dried catnip.

I'll be using my cat spit enriched tea in just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    So this morning I was carrying my mug of catnip tea upstairs, and the cat starts meowing for attention. She always wants to see what kind of beverage I have in my mug or cup, so this is nothing new. I held the mug down for kitty to sniff and she drank some of the tea! This was funny because she has never shown an interest in dried catnip.

I'll be using my cat spit enriched tea in just a bit.
    Hilarious, maybe she was just thirsty, lol.

Length
    BSL/waist/thigh

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Hilarious, maybe she was just thirsty, lol.
    yes, I think that was mostly it. She will stick her head in my glass of water if I leave one lying around. Never mind that she has clean, fresh water in her dish.

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    yes, I think that was mostly it. She will stick her head in my glass of water if I leave one lying around. Never mind that she has clean, fresh water in her dish.
    Yes, but yours is more inviting, lol.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I just wanted to add that I am thrilled with the results of the catnip tea treatment! I did it 2X so far, after shampooing, no conditioner, and it made my hair unbelievably soft and silky and the damaged parts are behaving themselves. I then did a cassia treatment this weekend using catnip tea instead of hot water to mix. I am so happy with the results - my hair usually only looks this shiny with tons of cones, and then it still is never this soft or full. So far, I'm thrilled!

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem