Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Post Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by kionkichin View Post
    There's one more thing about this, I heard that catnip could make your hair lighter, is that true? Because i'd be more interested! I wonder if i could combine it with the honey treatment without getting any damage.

I have a question: what if i have dried catnip? Could i use it to get rid of my split ends? How should be the process?
    See ktani's article here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=118
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Lately I've been desperate about my hair. It's either stringy or full of static and with my scalp I can't use sulfates very often.

Today I add to bought some cat food so I thought why not. I found an organic Brand call Weddel that is made in the surrounding of montreal. I left the tea covered for 4 hours and then filter it and left on my hair for 1 hour after poo before rincing.

My hair felt very soft from the biginning and was very easy to detangle. Now it's mostly dry and it's shiny and full. I plan on continuing this routine and use mineral oil when I'm in a rush. Everything else (conditionner, vegetable oil, shampoo bars, rhassoul) doesn't do well with my hair.

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I just wanted to post in here that when I was using catnip last summer (too cold in winter) I had more new growth than I have ever had! The new growth from last summer is finally long enough and with a pretty big chop last summer and the new growth my pony tail is way thicker this year!!! Back to catnip for me now that I remember this!!! (and it is warm again)...
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hi folks! I'm pretty new to catnip use, and my hair seems to like it! Question, though...

The other night I fell asleep with my catnip treatment on. It was bagged for 3 hours, then I woke up briefly and took the bag off and went back to sleep. In the morning my hair was SUPER SOFT but felt coated. I took a shower, massaged my scalp under running water, and did an ACV rinse. After the shower my hair still felt soft (though not super soft) and the coated feeling was gone.

Honestly I'm kind of tempted to treat this mistake as a blessing and keep doing extra-long catnip treatments. Is there any reason for me NOT to do this? Is it bad for my hair to have catnip on it so long? Or has anyone done experiments and found that in the long run it didn't make any difference whether you do 1-hour treatments or longer?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Naiadryade View Post
    Hi folks! I'm pretty new to catnip use, and my hair seems to like it! Question, though...

The other night I fell asleep with my catnip treatment on. It was bagged for 3 hours, then I woke up briefly and took the bag off and went back to sleep. In the morning my hair was SUPER SOFT but felt coated. I took a shower, massaged my scalp under running water, and did an ACV rinse. After the shower my hair still felt soft (though not super soft) and the coated feeling was gone.

Honestly I'm kind of tempted to treat this mistake as a blessing and keep doing extra-long catnip treatments. Is there any reason for me NOT to do this? Is it bad for my hair to have catnip on it so long? Or has anyone done experiments and found that in the long run it didn't make any difference whether you do 1-hour treatments or longer?
    It cannot hurt to do that. I find 1 hour sufficient.

ETA: I have slept with catnip treatments on my hair. I find the in-shower method preferable. I wash my hair first with a non build-up shampoo then apply the treatment and bag it. There is no build-up on my hair to begin with and catnip washes out for me with no build-up created by it, in one shampoo. Not all of the stain washes out. I use no vinegar rinse. Not needed for me. Catnip works best for me on its own.
    Last edited by ktani; March 14th, 2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: ETA

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I think I may have found a way to use catnip without shampoo!

I've been using bentonite clay as a wash and then an ACV rinse. After this I've been using FOTE aloe vera gel as a wash out conditioner. This has been working well but the aloe gel builds up and makes my scalp feel gunky between washes even though I've been rinsing out as much as possible.

Yesterday I did the normal clay wash and substituted a catnip soak for the FOTE and today my hair feels great! And no static!!! I was using the FOTE to control the static from the clay (which is lessening these days anyway either due to weather or my hair getting used to clay washing)... but the catnip seems to control the static too!

Plus I suddenly remembered that last summer after using catnip was when I got my new crop of baby hairs which has finally gotten long enough to make my whole head of hair thicker!

It feels weird to have such thick hair! But I love it! Both catnip and bentonite clay are some of the things that have been the best for my hair growth and scalp happiness - glad I can use them both regularly!
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    2"/23"/TLBN
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Hi everyone! I bought bulk catnip at the health food the other day, and last night steeped it into a tea and then poured it over my hair several times after a light poo without the traditional conditioner follow up. I always use conditioner before and after washing as my curly/wavy hair tangles easily, and I fear losing too much hair in each washing.
    So, I poured the catnip over my freshly washed hair, (I should add that I pre-oiled with mineral and Kukui nut oil, so made sure the poo covered all my hair before rinsing.)
    Soaked my hair in the catnip tea, covered with plastic shower cap, and then wrapped my turbie on my head for almost a whole hour. I still had to use a very light application of first baby oil, then a small amount of GM creme rinse to comb it out... lost more hair than normal since it was not as slick as usual.
    Since it was bedtime, and my hair was very damp, I twisted two strands and pinned them up so as not to get all messy while sleeping... and to control tangles. This morning, it's still slightly damp as it never completely dries all night.
    This morning, it is very soft, and my ends are smooth as well. I really like the way it feels, and will definitely do the catnip again to help prevent split ends. Maybe with a follow up application of baby oil, and a little more creme rinse to help detangle. Maybe after few applications, I won't need the creme rinse as much.
    Thank you for this thread, never dreamed I'd be using catnip tea on my hair!!
    This was my longest hair in 2015, regrowing to this length and beyond. Trying to be patient, but heck, I have the rest of my life, right? .

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

As posted elsewhere, I am using catnip as a leave in now. I CO, do an ACV rinse, and make sure it is all rinsed out. As my final step, I pour the catnip rinse through my hair. It has increased the slip in my hair immensely, which is just what it needs. My hair is normally very tangly. Lately I have noticed that I am having trouble with my buns sliding undone. That is how slippery my hair is getting. Normally that never happens. Detangling is also a lot easier.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I'm starting a new catnip-based routine either tomorrow or the next day (depends if my hair needs washing tomorrow). The plan is to clarify with the Neutrogena shampoo that's been recommended, then soak my hair for an hour in catnip that's been steeped for four hours. I think I'll just keep my hair braided and bunned until it gets used to the routine.

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

So I clarified and did a catnip rinse afterwards yesterday. My hair is incredibly smooth and clean-feeling, with fewer tangles. It could be partly from the clarifying though, as I'd been having build-up problems before.