Page 62 of 285 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I just replied to you in the other thread. You may have 2 things going on. 1. Build-up 2. Aritha can be drying to hair without pre oiling, which is the traditional way that it is used.
    I read that, and answered there.
    Thank you for all your thoughts about this.
    Your comments, knowledge and thought has been very helpful.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    I read that, and answered there.
    Thank you for all your thoughts about this.
    Your comments, knowledge and thought has been very helpful.
    You are most welcome. I am suggesting these things based on; my experience with plant mucilage, research on aritha constituents and other research on aritha, logic, and reading threads on both aritha powder use and soap nuts.

Pre oiling is usually done with a vegetable oil. Aritha (or soap nuts) does not remove vegetable oil as well as it does other oils like sebum, depending on the amount of aritha used.
    Last edited by ktani; December 7th, 2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: clarification

I wore sunblock today and as an experiment I just washed it off with catnip. The sunblock is creamy, so I did not think that the catnip would be able to remove it. I just applied the catnip, rubbed it on my face and rinsed it off. I used a soft damp cloth dry my face It appears to have worked, hmmm.

ETA: I was not sure, so I just repeated the experiment. My skin feels cleaner after the 2nd try and feels very good.
    Last edited by ktani; December 8th, 2008 at 04:30 PM.

I heard back from Hagen on their Catit organic catnip today. The person who replied to me is the Customer Service Manager.

".... the catnip is indeed Nepeta Cataria, and that the Catnip Garden does indeed use the leaves and buds for the product. Basically the buds are the flowers, so the answer to each of your questions is yes."
    Last edited by ktani; December 10th, 2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling

This was my reply to Hagen.

"Thank you so much for your timely reply. .... Hagen catnip is the best catnip I have ever purchased, bar none and I am extremely pleased with your product. I did want to know the answers to those 2 questions though and I am very appreciative that you took the time to answer them. "
    Last edited by ktani; December 11th, 2008 at 06:04 AM. Reason: adjust text

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Have you ever put honey into your catnip tea treatment? I'm trying to conserve time by doing several treatments at once, or by just putting the catnip tea into every other treatment (like mixing my cassia with it). Is there a law of diminishing returns where you get too much catnip oil build up on the hair shaft?

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrue View Post
    Have you ever put honey into your catnip tea treatment? I'm trying to conserve time by doing several treatments at once, or by just putting the catnip tea into every other treatment (like mixing my cassia with it). Is there a law of diminishing returns where you get too much catnip oil build up on the hair shaft?
    I have discovered from experimenting with it, that I prefer to use catnip unadulterated.

For honey lightening, catnip is not recommended because of its mineral content.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...21&postcount=3

Because I shampoo, I do not get too much catnip on my hair over time. I have not had build-up from catnip in over 3 years of use.

I am thinking (thinking only at this point, lol) of washing my hair with catnip.

I have not figured out how exactly I am going to go about that and I have no idea yet, exactly what it may do. catfish has had success doing that.
    Last edited by ktani; December 9th, 2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

ktani, great info about the catit garden.

I got an answer from the UK ebay seller, and the seller will ship to Sweden, and really cheap shipping cost, cheaper than most Swedish seller use to charge for something as bulky as that (and in that weight class). And, definately cheaper than take my car to buy catnip in nearest town (twice the "shipping" cost and twice the price of the catnip).

On some site with info, I read that the buds contains the most oils. Hope it is so, my hair loves oil (if not soaked).

I will buy this catnip (Catit Garden) later today. I'm very curious to test and hope there will be a noticable difference from the leaves I have got.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    ktani, great info about the catit garden.

I got an answer from the UK ebay seller, and the seller will ship to Sweden, and really cheap shipping cost, cheaper than most Swedish seller use to charge for something as bulky as that (and in that weight class). And, definately cheaper than take my car to buy catnip in nearest town (twice the "shipping" cost and twice the price of the catnip).

On some site with info, I read that the buds contains the most oils. Hope it is so, my hair loves oil (if not soaked).

I will buy this catnip (Catit Garden) later today. I'm very curious to test and hope there will be a noticable difference from the leaves I have got.
    Great news about the pricing!

Part of the reason the Catit is so cheap to ship, is that even 1.5 oz for example, is so light and the surprise is that, that amount sounds so little but you actually get so much catnip in that amount. The biggest difference to me with the Catit, is the quality, compared to other catnip I have used that was bulk health food store catnip. However there are also other pet store catnip brands, that I have no doubt, are also good. The pet supply industry is so competitive, that if a brand does not sell well, it is not stocked on the shelves for very long IMO.

Using only 1 tsp at a time and washing my hair on average only once a week, the 1.5 oz tub I have (that I bought last February), I have barely made a dent in, amount wise. I actually bought a second container as back up and I did alternate between the 2 every so often, but not enough to make a difference really. 1.5 oz lasts quite a while. I have noticed a slight difference in how the 2 batches colour my hair, but not the conditioning. Catnip being natural, will have a varience between batches but Hagen does have quality control and I am very pleased with it, so far. I have no desire to try another brand at this time.

I have posted that the flowers or buds contain more oils than the leaves. That information came from the catnip scientist/farmer wholesaler, I contacted to ask questions.
    Last edited by ktani; December 10th, 2008 at 04:39 AM. Reason: clarification

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I have posted that the flowers or buds contain more oils than the leaves. That information came from the catnip scientist/farmer wholesaler I contacted to ask questions.
    Yes, I read about the flowers you have wrote about in this thread, but I didn't know what buds was at first. If it was dead flowers with no potencial, or "baby flowers" or the fruit after the flower.
    Maybe you wrote about buds before too, but I missed it.

If I have understand correct now, buds are "baby flowers" (is it: "not sprung out flowers"?) AND contains as much oil as the full flowers.