Page 43 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    20/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

I tried it Ktani's way last time, but this time I decided to soak my sleep braid last night and wrap it in plastic. I slept on it, dunked the length again and bunned it while I finished a paper. I'm just about to get in the shower, but first I think I'll soak my scalp with the infusion. I'm going to try COing it out, so I'll let you know how it goes!

January 2016

Length
    20/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Wow. Double wow. I have the softest ends now!! And the shine - the shine is outstanding! I basically just doused all of my dry hair (my braid was already soaked, of course) with the infusion, let it sit for a while, then COed it out. I mostly just concentrated on my scalp with the CO and just smoothed a little down the length, which was already feeling good from the catnip. After my shower I didn't even put my usual coconut oil in, just damp bunned it and off I went.

I am soooo happy with this result! A few more times of this happening and I will be a dyed in the wool convert!

January 2016

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I use catnip as a leave in, is that ok?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelonghair View Post
    I use catnip as a leave in, is that ok?
    I never liked catnip as a leave-in. I prefer to rinse it out but there is nothing wrong with leaving it in if you like it that way.

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

At the dltution I am using right now ( 290ml and 1tsp catnip) I can leave it in or rinse it out. I left mine in last night because ...well I am lazy I guess lol. and it still feels soft this morning. I tried another dilution that I left in over night and my hair did not feel this soft so I think it depends on your hair and the dilution.
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Suldrun View Post
    At the dltution I am using right now ( 290ml and 1tsp catnip) I can leave it in or rinse it out. I left mine in last night because ...well I am lazy I guess lol. and it still feels soft this morning. I tried another dilution that I left in over night and my hair did not feel this soft so I think it depends on your hair and the dilution.
    I was recently using a little more than 1 tsp to just less than 275 ml of water and my hair was not as soft either.

I figured out why, used exactly 1 level tsp as before and just over 275 ml, this last time, and my hair is silky and light again and very soft.

The amount of catnip and the dilution do matter, but everyone will find their own preference for the amounts.

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Well I just washed my hair today for the first time with my new CV shampoo bar. I did not use the cat nip because I wanted to see what my hair felt like with the bar and vinegar rinse alone, it turned out really well. I have some catnip ready to go so I will try it next time.

Should I use the catnip before or after the vinegar rinse?
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Suldrun View Post
    Well I just washed my hair today for the first time with my new CV shampoo bar. I did not use the cat nip because I wanted to see what my hair felt like with the bar and vinegar rinse alone, it turned out really well. I have some catnip ready to go so I will try it next time.

Should I use the catnip before or after the vinegar rinse?
    After the vinegar rinse.

Length
    12/24/Termi
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDreamer View Post
    Okay, dumb question time. I have 8 cats. If I use a catnip infusion in my hair, will the furkids be into my hair all the time?
    yeth, but ony cauz we WUV you, kmomma!

Lady Boudicca of the Flaming Tartan
    in the Order of
    The Long-Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I tried this for the first time yesterday: 1 tbsp dried catnip in 1 quart of boiled water until it cooled, then strained the catnip out and soaked my hair in it, shower cap, angora hat for heat, left in 1-1/2 hours, then rinsed out. Wow! I didn't use any conditioner, but my hair was so easy to comb out afterwards, and the shine is outstanding.