Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    16/17/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by LAG93 View Post
    Has anyone tried using castor oil with their catnip tea? I've never used either in my hair but I've read up on both of them and have been wondering if they would work well together to condition and grow my hair, keeping away splits?

Idon't really want the color, but I know with henna the effects come with the color so is it the same with catnip? I use a henna indigo mix resulting in a reddish brown...don't want any yellow added to that! Especially if it has a possibility of mixing with the indigo to make green... Anyone know?
    You can actually purchase henna that is neutral (will not change hair color) I have tried it and I felt the results were the same as with regular henna.
    I bought mine at vitacost but I have also seen it in the hair section of health food stores.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

I'd quite like to start incorporating catnip rinses. Is this something I could do between washes? Does it leave a greasy residue at all? I've heard that catnip isn't as effective if used after using traditional conditioner, so I wouldn't want to use it after my normal cwc wash (I don't want to substitute my co)

Length
    CBL/31.5/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

I've never heard of using catnip for hair, so you'll have to excuse me if this has been asked before (263 pages!) but how do cats react to it when you use it? If I use it is my cat going to harass me? Not that that's necessarily a bad thing!

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Hello...I apologize for my laziness/lack of reading comprehension as I'm sure it's already been said, but can you add different ingredients to your catnip tea? For example, I'm thinking about infusing catnip, lavender, & nettle into a tea and then using as a prepoo tea soak. I also have hibiscus leaves, rosemary, & sage. Would any of those ingredients mess with catnip's abilities?!

Current:
    43" Goal: 45"
    Starting: MBL l WL l HIP l BCL l TBL l 1st Goal: CLl 2nd Goal: FTL

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I just did my first catnip today. It went okay...obviously no dramatic things happened. I'll probably do these once in a while to see if they're helpful.

Length
    6/16/22
    Type
    2c/M/iii

if you do the cat nip with vinegar it leaches more nutrients out of the catnip and into your rinse also the reason why its so good for splitends is that its high in vitamin b5 whitch provents breakage from splitends but i defently suggest cutting off half an inch if they get anyworse

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wavyhair View Post
    if you do the cat nip with vinegar it leaches more nutrients out of the catnip and into your rinse also the reason why its so good for splitends is that its high in vitamin b5 whitch provents breakage from splitends but i defently suggest cutting off half an inch if they get anyworse
    I didn't realize that the ACV removed some of the catnip goodies! Good to know. I'll try alternating those from now on.

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've read this thread a lot a while back when researching catnip rinses so I thought I'd offer the info I've read here:

Quote Originally Posted by sarahthegemini View Post
    I'd quite like to start incorporating catnip rinses. Is this something I could do between washes? Does it leave a greasy residue at all? I've heard that catnip isn't as effective if used after using traditional conditioner, so I wouldn't want to use it after my normal cwc wash (I don't want to substitute my co)
    You get the most results out of catnip rinses only on hair that has been cleaned with shampoo and is not coated in conditioner as I understand it. Other wise it does not penetrate hair shaft as well. It also needs to be rinsed out because it most likely will leave your hair very sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiLiz View Post
    I've never heard of using catnip for hair, so you'll have to excuse me if this has been asked before (263 pages!) but how do cats react to it when you use it? If I use it is my cat going to harass me? Not that that's necessarily a bad thing!
    Kitties have absolutely no interest in catnip after it's made into tea. It would be cute if they tried to lick the hair with catnip, but they have no interest in it after it's brewed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHowlingWolf View Post
    Hello...I apologize for my laziness/lack of reading comprehension as I'm sure it's already been said, but can you add different ingredients to your catnip tea? For example, I'm thinking about infusing catnip, lavender, & nettle into a tea and then using as a prepoo tea soak. I also have hibiscus leaves, rosemary, & sage. Would any of those ingredients mess with catnip's abilities?!
    As I read, catnip alone will not build up, but if you add other ingredients to it might build up, but shouldn't change the result. But catnip rinse needs to be used on freshly shampooed and not conditioned hair, so I'm not sure how much you would get out of catnip as a prepoo tea soak.

All this info I got from ktani posts throughout this thread. In the first 5-10 pages she gives very precise instructions on how to make catnip tea.

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

Length
    APL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have a question which I've been meaning to ask for quite a while. How do you strain your catnip? I read that you are not supposed to use metal cups to steep it, but can you use a metal strainer? Or will there be some kind of chemical process that will make the catnip not good?

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I've always used a metal strainer and seems to work fine for me. However, if you have any concerns you could always use muslin or cheese cloth.