Page 255 of 285 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Naiadryade View Post
    Is it bad for my hair to have catnip on it so long? Or has anyone done experiments and found that in the long run it didn't make any difference whether you do 1-hour treatments or longer?
    I use infusions of catnip as a leave-in conditioner and have seen an increase in the rate of my hair growth since I started doing so two years ago.
    Yes, it does leave a coated feeling on the hair but I don't mind that at all.

Good luck with your catnip experiments.

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Exclamation Re: Catnip for split ends?

I make a tea from 3 teaspoons of catnip, 1 bag of Red Zinger Tea (when empty I'll switch to straight hibiscus) and 1 bag of organic green tea steeped twice. I put 1 ounce ACV in a 24 oz plastic drink bottle, then add the tea to the top I use half of this each time I wash my hair. It may leave a slight coated feeling but my hair also feels stronger and less breakable. I also find that it is shinier than any other natural product has ever done.

Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Hope it's okay to ask this here...Anyone tried using a catnip soak as a water only rinse to stretch washes? I want to get to two shampoos/ catnip soaks a week, and need one one extra WO or rinse option to get me through to that. Should I try water only, or water only+ catnip?

Anyone in here using catnip as a jelly? I made a (gelatine) jelly with the catnip tea because I really want to leave it on for a while, longer than I could if it's a tea. Also my hair is hennaed so I expect that it would take a bit more time to soak in (maybe). Will rinse it out after. Sounds horrendous?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Type
    2a/M/ii

Sounds great Cathy. Looking forward to hear about your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Finchen View Post
    Sounds great Cathy. Looking forward to hear about your results.
    Maybe my whole wig will burn down!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Type
    2a/M/ii

Lol. How is your hair doing? I hope you are ??

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    Anyone in here using catnip as a jelly? I made a (gelatine) jelly with the catnip tea because I really want to leave it on for a while, longer than I could if it's a tea. Also my hair is hennaed so I expect that it would take a bit more time to soak in (maybe). Will rinse it out after. Sounds horrendous?
    I'm curious about this, too. Have you had any signs of protein buildup? Is the catnip still taking?

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe13 View Post
    I'm curious about this, too. Have you had any signs of protein buildup? Is the catnip still taking?
    I don't know, guys. Rinsed it out after two hours and 40 minutes, but the thing is I was soooo tired that I went to bed right away with practically dripping wet hair Despite that, hair feels good, but I'm not sure how I can tell if the catnip has taken

I never have problems with protein, my hair doesn't mind if I don't use proteins at all or if I use them day and night. So that part I can't answer at all.

ETA

When I go to bed with wet hair, normally it's a mess when I wake up and it takes a looot of time to comb it out. Now when I finally woke up it combed out rather easily and I lost about 30 hairs (I expected well over 100+ when accidents like this happen).