Page 251 of 285 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    22,85/30.30/32
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Is there a poll about catnip effectiveness on split end preventing?

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by monichella View Post
    Is there a poll about catnip effectiveness on split end preventing?
    Not that I know about.

However, I've been using no other conditioner but catnip rinses on my hair for the past two years and don't have a single split end any more. I used to get masses but I got them all removed through a combination of a major chop last year and S and Ding.

I'm convinced it's the catnip that has stopped any split ends re-occurring.

My hair feels stronger, is much shinier and a great deal thicker since I started using catnip.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    Not that I know about.

However, I've been using no other conditioner but catnip rinses on my hair for the past two years and don't have a single split end any more. I used to get masses but I got them all removed through a combination of a major chop last year and S and Ding.

I'm convinced it's the catnip that has stopped any split ends re-occurring.

My hair feels stronger, is much shinier and a great deal thicker since I started using catnip.
    Fantastic news!

The same results for me. My hairline has filled in somewhat and my hemline is definitely thicker because I no longer have a breakage taper.

ETA: I do not do catnip rinses. I use catnip as a treatment after every hair wash.
    Last edited by ktani; January 14th, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: ETA

Length
    21,5/24,4/29,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I tried Catnip for the first time today, but I could not feel or see any effect. I think I have done quite as recommended in this thread, but maybe it is the quality which is wrong? I have purchased through ebay, from Catnip kingdom.. I might make a stronger mix?

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

My hair doesn't feel or look any differently after a treatment but I have so many fewer split ends that I know it is working. On the rare occasions I try to drop it from my routine, I start getting splits again.

Quote Originally Posted by CashmereHair View Post
    I tried Catnip for the first time today, but I could not feel or see any effect. I think I have done quite as recommended in this thread, but maybe it is the quality which is wrong? I have purchased through ebay, from Catnip kingdom.. I might make a stronger mix?
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    21,5/24,4/29,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Ravenreed: Okay I'll try to keep it up, thanks

Will it be a good idea to give my hair a catnip-treatment just after an S&D?

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Catnip works best (for me) used as a conditioner after shampoo (in place of a regular conditioner, it only works on clean uncoated hair) and letting it soak on the hair for a half hour or so. The regular use is the trick, once in a while will not work. And the soaking is the other part to it, I had no luck pouring it on and rinsing it right back out. This is what works for me, good luck finding your own routine.
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Length
    21,5/24,4/29,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Thank you for giving your time to answer .. How many times a month is regular? I'm thinking 3 times, but will it be too little to see results?

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I use it each time I shampoo my hair, so about once a week or so. Shampoo with herbs and rinse. Let half dry, pour catnip over hair and put a shower cap over it to hold it in for 20 - 30 minutes. Rinse. Let half dry again and smooth coconut oil over the ends. The catnip makes my hair so easy to comb through, even when wet. It really conditions it. So the answer is as often as you shampoo. Hope this helps.
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Length
    21,5/24,4/29,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Hay again
    I wash my hair every three days, but I have no time to spend 30min+ every third day, so I will deep cleanse and use catnip four times a month and hope it will help cut down on split ends.
    I'll just have to wash hair more than four times a month since my hair is already greasy on day two.
    I do not get soft hair of Catnip, but will need to apply conditioner to combs me hair. Therefore I will also try to sit with catnip in 1-2hours instead of 30min. Maybe it will help..