Page 250 of 285 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

This is how I treat my hair post catnip, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...7&postcount=14.

I would have to search for this or rewrite it if asked so I am posting it here too.

It makes my hair routine very simple, just the way I like it to be.

Length
    17"/21CBL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I just found out about catnip yesterday and have been reading through the threads and have a few questions.

Would using a CV shampoo bar, acv rinse then applying the catnip work well? I'm usually just CO, however shampoo bars worked for me but eventually my hair started to get a bit dry while using them; so im hoping the catnip could fix that and I could go back to using the shampoo bars.

What is the moisture/ protein/ ceramide (if any) content of catnip?

Sorry for any silly questions or if this has been asked before.

Length
    14/25/36
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

I'm intrigued by this idea! At the same time, I am concerned about my cats gnawing my hair in the night. :X Wouldn't be the first time.
    xoxo
    gothchiq

The catnip article is linked on the first page of this thread. It answers most questions.
    CV bars are all different. One would need not to build-up or block catnip access to hair to work well.

I think this is a must for reading re safety and infusions, http://www.ehia-online.org/documents...l_kinetics.pdf.

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist

I have been skimming back and forth for a few pages now and I need some advice. Please, anyone? What kind of shampoo is the best to use if one does catnip treatments after? None that coat the hair is what I've gathered but none that is too harsh? What -can- the shampoo contain? My hair is naturally a bit dry and has a rather weird texture and I think it doesn't like shampoo much as it was much livelier and curlier when I did CO but I -really- want to switch over to catnip so here I am, clueless of what shampoo to use :P Help please?

The only shampoo currently in the house that isn't a 'poo Bar is Madara Gloss & Vibrancy (which contains qua, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Laurate, Rosa Damascena Flower Water*, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sucrose Cocoate, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Betain, Glycerin*, Betula Alba (Birch) Extract*, Lactic Acid, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract*, Tillia Cordata (Linden Flower) Extract*, Humulus Lupulus (Hop) Extract*, Plantago Major (Plantain) Extract*, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Aroma**) :c What I gather that isn't ideal.
    Last edited by Totte; January 11th, 2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: formating
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    Lady Silacaladhiel Of Skađin-awjō in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Totte View Post
    I have been skimming back and forth for a few pages now and I need some advice. Please, anyone? What kind of shampoo is the best to use if one does catnip treatments after? None that coat the hair is what I've gathered but none that is too harsh? What -can- the shampoo contain? My hair is naturally a bit dry and has a rather weird texture and I think it doesn't like shampoo much as it was much livelier and curlier when I did CO but I -really- want to switch over to catnip so here I am, clueless of what shampoo to use :P Help please?

The only shampoo currently in the house that isn't a 'poo Bar is Madara Gloss & Vibrancy (which contains qua, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Laurate, Rosa Damascena Flower Water*, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sucrose Cocoate, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Betain, Glycerin*, Betula Alba (Birch) Extract*, Lactic Acid, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract*, Tillia Cordata (Linden Flower) Extract*, Humulus Lupulus (Hop) Extract*, Plantago Major (Plantain) Extract*, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Aroma**) :c What I gather that isn't ideal.
    Any of the ones in red, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=816

And Sunsilk Lively Blonde Shampoo. The Aussie one is ok too.

I grow catnip and would love to use it for ocnditioning, but I have hennaed hair and do not want it coloured yellow! Is there a way to use it as a conditioner and not colour my hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl View Post
    I grow catnip and would love to use it for ocnditioning, but I have hennaed hair and do not want it coloured yellow! Is there a way to use it as a conditioner and not colour my hair?
    It will only be effective in between henna applications when most of the resin and mucilage have been washed out.

And the colour is not strong enough to show up on hennaed hair, in my opinion. The colour will not show on darker colours either. It is a light blonde - not like tumeric.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I just got some catnip in the mail last night, and I'm pretty excited to try it out. It's steeping right now.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...