Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Lol, whatever works for you. I bought a stainless steel tea strainer.
    Me too but it rusted
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Type
    3a/F/ii

I had to break down and buy a steel strainer!! Using whatever washcloth or kitchen towel available was not working too well. I also forgot to leave my tea out this morning to warm up to room temp and WHOA it was cold. My scalp it still tingly from how cold it was. I think it was a bit too cold for my scalp. I will keep trying this, but my hair also feels very dry even after the rinse. Trying one thing per week as suggested in the article section is frustrating me. I wish I could just instantly know what to do!! In the plight for long hair, I must carry on my trials and tribulations!! I just wish I didn't have to .

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by enfys View Post
    You know what I find weirdest about using catnip? Anyone normal (as in not from here) would think I was balmy but all that bothers me is the fack the only bit or fabric I could find to strain through is an old pair of knickers! After straining the catnip I leave them, still with catnip crumbs, on the radiator to dry!
    (more characters)

Length
    28"/35.7"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

There's so much information on this thread!

I went to the pet store last night and bought two catnip plant starters. They're in the window now, under some glass and will hopefully start to sprout within the next couple of days!

Until the plants get big enough to start picking, I may make a stop at the health food store to see if they have some dried catnip. The pet store didn't.

Can't wait to try this out!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by enfys View Post
    Me too but it rusted
    Stainless steel can rust. I have had stainless cutlery rust. The trick is never to let the strainer remain wet for too long. I shake mine out after washing it and that seems to do 2 things. 1. I get no calcium or lime deposit from my hard water on the strainer and 2. no rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracionera View Post
    There's so much information on this thread!

I went to the pet store last night and bought two catnip plant starters. They're in the window now, under some glass and will hopefully start to sprout within the next couple of days!

Until the plants get big enough to start picking, I may make a stop at the health food store to see if they have some dried catnip. The pet store didn't.

Can't wait to try this out!
    Welcome to LHC!

Here is the Catnip Article, the condensed version, lol.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=118

I have not used fresh catnip. If I had access to it I would dry it for later use.

Length
    28"/35.7"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Thanks for the welcome ktani!

I'm pretty sure I ran into the full Catnip Article while reading some of the posts. I just can't seem to find it now.

I went to the local farmer's market on Saturday and found a small catnip plant that will be ready for use much sooner than my catnip starters. Soon, I'll have three catnip plants! Until then, I've purchased a bit of dried catnip leaves and buds from the health food store to try this out.

Were you talking about drying fresh catnip from a plant or from a store?

I think that I'll prick off the leaves and buds from my plants as I need them. This would probably help to maintain the plant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracionera View Post
    Thanks for the welcome ktani!

I'm pretty sure I ran into the full Catnip Article while reading some of the posts. I just can't seem to find it now.

I went to the local farmer's market on Saturday and found a small catnip plant that will be ready for use much sooner than my catnip starters. Soon, I'll have three catnip plants! Until then, I've purchased a bit of dried catnip leaves and buds from the health food store to try this out.

Were you talking about drying fresh catnip from a plant or from a store?

I think that I'll prick off the leaves and buds from my plants as I need them. This would probably help to maintain the plant as well.
    You are most welcome!

I have not seen fresh catnip in any store. When you are buying a catnip plant, make sure that it is Nepeta Cataria or common catnip. The other varieties are more ornamental and are sometimes used medicinally from what I have read. Cats may respond to any and all of them but I find what I buy from the pet store (dried, as I said) to be the best quality catnip I have used so far, for my hair and skin.

Length
    16/sh/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

I know this must have been asked before but can catnip be used over henna?
    11/2/11 ~ 32 inches long (when stetched) ~ 2 1/2 inches circ. ~ Waist when wet...next goal waist when dry
    Lady Bethiah-Tallie of the Divine Kingdom in the order of the Longhaired Knight

Quote Originally Posted by wahmof9 View Post
    I know this must have been asked before but can catnip be used over henna?
    Catnip can be used over anything. However, as I have said, catnip does not do well over coatings. So, if henna is "fresh" there would be henna resin and the catnip would not be able to be absorbed that well into the hair IMO, compared to in between times (henna applications) when the resin would have mostly have been washed out.