Page 13 of 285 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I put catnip in my hair yesterday and left it in, it makes no difference, so I think it's ok to leave it in. I'll keep doing this to see if my split ends are finally going to stop (have to cut them of at least once a week)

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Catnip

ilovelonghair

I wish you well with it.

I know that the way I prepare it and my method of using it works for me.

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I made myself a batch of catnip goodness tonight.
    And I finally found my mustard bottle!!! (the kind you buy clean, like you use in a restaurant, I think I originally bought it to try to get some concoction to my scalp, never worked for that, but it should work as a "shampoo" bottle for my catnip mix, yay!)
    It's steeping right now. I might steep it overnight this time, then put it in the bottle in the morning and see if that makes any difference for the moisturizing and happiness for me.

My cat was happy this time at my making of the infusion. She's glued o my lap now and acting slightly high... and all she got was a tiny bit of fumes... maybe... haha. she's too cute though.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Default Catnip

Nynaeve

I recently let my catnip steep for abour 4 hours - no change in the conditioning benefits - I was curious too.

As to your cat? The catnip expert I spoke with a while back - he is a catnip farmer as well as a chemist, said that cats can smell catnip in parts per billion in the air.

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

This is one fascinating thread, you guys.

I henna and I CO, so catnip may not work as well for me, but I'm severely tempted to try it. I wont have time over the next 2 weeks, as I'm away from home, but after that I am definitely going to source some catnip.

I only have a few split ends that I can see, but I do get a lot of little broken hairs in the sink when I comb. (From old dye/bleach damage.) I guess catnip would strengthen those, too.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Default Catnip

Loviatar

I never had broken hairs in the sink - before carnip my hair was brittle, with a lot of white dots and I had split ends.

Now I have no split ends and very few white dots, which I think are just mechanical damage.

My hair is no longer brittle - the opposite - the elasticity is excellent.

I have also noticed reduced shedding - much less than when I used to use conditioner and other herbal rinses after that.

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Nynaeve

I recently let my catnip steep for abour 4 hours - no change in the conditioning benefits - I was curious too.

As to your cat? The catnip expert I spoke with a while back - he is a catnip farmer as well as a chemist, said that cats can smell catnip in parts per billion in the air.
    I guess I'm going to have a very happy kitty every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Loviatar

I never had broken hairs in the sink - before carnip my hair was brittle, with a lot of white dots and I had split ends.

Now I have no split ends and very few white dots, which I think are just mechanical damage.

My hair is no longer brittle - the opposite - the elasticity is excellent.

I have also noticed reduced shedding - much less than when I used to use conditioner and other herbal rinses after that.
    Good to know.
    ~Ny

"For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

just done my catnip rinse, its brilliant stuff. I did it exactly to Ktani's instructions and left it on for one hour, as i am trying to bring out some of my lighter blonds, although it did not cover all my greys it has some which now look like highlights. The softness and shine is also great.

I am really hoping that my split ends will be a thing of the past, i normally s&d every fortnight and find loads did a good s&d today so time will tell.

I plan to alternate from catnip to burdock root, also got some rhubarb root on order, i am thinking this won't harm my hair with them being natural products.

I highly recommend these herbal rinses to anybody, they are amazing!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    just done my catnip rinse, its brilliant stuff. I did it exactly to Ktani's instructions and left it on for one hour, as i am trying to bring out some of my lighter blonds, although it did not cover all my greys it has some which now look like highlights. The softness and shine is also great.

I am really hoping that my split ends will be a thing of the past, i normally s&d every fortnight and find loads did a good s&d today so time will tell.

I plan to alternate from catnip to burdock root, also got some rhubarb root on order, i am thinking this won't harm my hair with them being natural products.

I highly recommend these herbal rinses to anybody, they are amazing!
    Yay, glad you liked it.

Couple days ago, I did a catnip wash followed by an ACV rinse. th rinse was acv, rosewater, jojoba oil, rosemary oil, catnip tea, and a couple other things.

Overall, it turned out amazing. My hair is incredibly happy (aside frmo the fact that I put entirely too much oil in the mixture and came out slightly clumpy) and the smell is fantastic.
    ~Ny

Default Catnip

A catnip wash - hmmmm.

Something to think about.