Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I may keep my hair this length

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default I think I may keep my hair this length

Folks, I've been around here forever but I just don't know if really long hair is for me.

I don't like short hair on me at all. Right now I'm a couple inches above BSL and I think I may just keep it here.

My hair just gets stringier and stringier as it gets longer. I cut a couple inches off a month or so ago and it does look better.

I think I just had all these fantasies about long hair that didn't come true. They will sound silly but I'll list them anyway.

I thought if I had long hair, I'd feel like a princess. But even with longer hair, I'm still just a stay-at-home freelance writer who is undermotivated and takes care of special needs children, living in a place I don't like.

I thought if I had long hair I'd be beautiful, the most beautiful thing ever. But I'm still the same funny-looking person. My features are still too big for my face. My long hair didn't magically make me pretty. I'm still just me.

I thought with very long hair, my husband would be stunned and amazed and would be totally in love with me. But that hasn't really happened either. He's never been stunned by my hair. He hasn't even really noticed.

I thought my hair would seem like "more hair" as it got longer. But it just feels like thin strings. It doesn't grow "out and down," it grows "down and thinner".

No matter how long my hair gets...I'll never be a beautiful fabulous person. I'll still just be me. With stringy hair.

I just wanted to get all this out. I feel like I'm betraying LHC but I may just keep my hair here and keep trimming it and keeping it ultra-healthy.

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

You're hair looks beautiful at that length if that's the way you like it best keep it there.

You are a beautiful fabulous person with or without hair

It's hard for us to be objective about ourselves I know having had skin problems for 26 years I have no objectivity about myself

Do what makes you happy with your hair that's what it's really all about

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Nothing wrong with that. Though you do seem depressed. Personally I'd love to be at waist but at least for now, I'm staying at mid back, because I don't have any of my own money and live at home. My mom say mid back enough. Your hair doesn't appear stingy at all.
    [URL="http://Hair1.jpg"][SIGPIC]

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

GlennaGirl, first of all, you are a fabulous person. Being fabulous doesn't come from external circumstances, such as what we do or where we live or what other people think of us. And it certainly doesn't come from what we look like or how long our hair is.

I'll bet that you could write a list of a dozen things that make you fabulous off the top of your head. Things like kindness, generosity, compassion, creativity... That's the start of my list, but you can borrow it to get you started, if you'd like.

Your hair looks fabulous, too: healthy and shiny. It may not be long by LHC standards, but it is longer than the American norm.

My goal length is waist, but I play with the idea of keeping it at BSL. I wonder if I "need" my hair to be waist length. I can already do most of the hairstyles that I love, my hair is healthy, and most of my hairtoys work with my current length. Then again, I play with the idea of reaching terminal. Not for anyone else, but because I'd kind of like to see how long it can grow.

No matter which option I choose, I won't get kicked out of LHC. And I'll still be the same person.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

GlennaGirl, hate to say it, but it sounds like you were expecting too much from your hair. It's like one of those fashion magazines that are eternally asking "what is your hair doing for you?" Hair is just hair. If you want to keep it at bra-strap until it becomes thick and voluminous go for it. I don't think you are going against LHC wisdom at all.

I hardly know what to say. Your post just grabbed me. I'm sorry you feel so down right now. But you realize this isn't really about your hair at all. There are some very big issues you need to address that your hair has just been a symbol for.

You take care of special needs children? I love you already. I've taken care of my own special needs daughter for over 22 years now. I love her to death but it's such a job and it can rob your life from you. I say a big fat GOD BLESS YOU to anyone who joins the forces of workers who care for children with special needs. These are underpaid and overworked people in a very unglamorous job. THANK YOU!!! Really and truly from the very bottom of my heart.

I can't address all your other concerns but please don't feel small over what you do.

Length
    10"/45"/45"
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Your hair looks lovely and thick and shiny at that length. There is no reason to change it if you're happy with it.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I think if you're a beautiful fabulous person at tailbone, you're a beautiful fabulous person at pixie. Needless to say, I think you're probably a beautiful fabulous person at BSL, but I can't convince you of it if you don't believe it already.

It's just hair. We can take joy in it, and learning about it, and taking care of it, but it won't solve all our problems.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I agree with what everyone else has said--your hair looks lovely, and the most important thing is that you be happy with it. If being just above BSL makes you happy, well, then, be happy! Hair may be just hair, but I fully sympathize with the desires you projected onto it. I feel that way a lot, myself. I know we sometimes idealize things, and it's not right, but reality checks don't have to be depressing. BSL is a great length, and it looks great on you!! No matter what your length I know you'll always be welcome at the LHC.

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I think all of us would agree that we value health (of the hair and of the person!) and happiness above length. If you maintain your hair at this length for a while, you might find that it begins to grow in thicker, which would only be a bonus; if that doesn't happen, you still have hair longer than the vast majority of women, and incredibly shiny hair at that. Please don't be sad. Plus, realistically, "fairy princess hair" spends most of the day in updos, not flowing around for people to admire.