Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stop Telling Me To Cut My Hair!

Default Re: Stop Telling Me To Cut My Hair!

Your hair is so beautiful and especially without layers! It will look so thick and amazing. I am doing the same thing as you. I don't want any layers .

Don't listen to people...it is not their business how you dress , why should it be their business how you wear your hair?

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Heh. i thought of this thread because I just read this on an advice about hair cuts web page: Long hair generally means below the shoulders. Women who generally shouldn't go long are super-short people (you'll forever look age 12) and women with long, narrow faces. Women who look fabulous in long cuts tend to be thin and have oval or square faces. That said, anyone with hair below their breasts is committing a huge beauty faux pas and as their friend, you might gently encourage them to see a stylist.

So, basically, it is every friend's duty to tell us to cut our hair.

Length
    15"/16.5"/30"+
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I've had that happen and mine was only BSL. I can't figure out why anyone else cares how long my hair is....... and now that it's short, no one is gushing about how wonderful it looks. Go figure!

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by slythwolf View Post
    (snip) The thing is, I don't want to look "normal"--I like to stand out! I have some social anxiety and usually feel like everyone is staring at me, but if I can control why they're staring, I don't feel anxious about it anymore.
    This is me! I have long hair and always wear it up in a bun, so that's not why people stare at me. Most of the time I wear shirts with a snake picture on them, and people do stare at that. Heh. I can deal with it. But if (I feel like) they're staring for no "real" reason, I get very antsy.

Social anxiety/shyness is a big pain, always has been. I sure would like to get past it, but now I'm old and it *still* has not faded. Bummer.

In truth I'd prefer to be invisible, but haven't figured out how to do that yet!

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    anyone with hair below their breasts is committing a huge beauty faux pas
    What an enlightening webpage - not.

I hate it when people state their own opinions as if they were fact, but the way this one is worded just makes it even more stupid. Whoever wrote that is not a very good writer.

It sounds as though the writer is envisaging a person who has body hair sprouting out from underneath their breasts, in which case we'd probably all agree that it's a "huge beauty faux pas," and they ought to shave or wax it off! Ha ha ha!

I think (and it's my opinion, not fact) that anyone whose long hair reaches below their breasts and covers them would look great naked. I can't wait till my hair is long enough to cover not only my breasts but also my rear end. I think it will be incredibly sensual, beautiful, and alluring to stand naked and yet still be covered by my own hair.
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Account Closed by Member Request

One time a girl told me to get highlights in my henna'd hair and to get layers. I looked at her, paused and said "NO."
    Then I turned around again.

Her hair is fried and bleach blond, and doesn't grow much anymore. Go figure.

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chopandchange View Post
    It sounds as though the writer is envisaging a person who has body hair sprouting out from underneath their breasts, in which case we'd probably all agree that it's a "huge beauty faux pas," and they ought to shave or wax it off! Ha ha ha!
    I had the same thought.

It is also funny that it is supposed to be a "beauty" faux pas, as opposed to a fashion faux pas. This writer is passing judgement on something much bigger than someone who is just writing about what is trendy.