Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do women cut their hair off?

Length
    24"/TB+/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Last cut I had (about 7" from midback to a bit longer than shoulder) was simply because I liked having my hair around BSL and didn't want to cut often. That was all there was to it.

See "About ME" under profile for my friend/contact policy
    Public Album Private Album

Length
    pixie/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Because I LIKE short hair. And I like long hair. I just don't like the in-between stages.

I've had all lengths from waist (as a child) to buzz cuts several times and really only had one cut that was bad (accidental mullet...required going from BSL to accidental mullet that was meant to be shoulder length to boy cut and starting all over). But really...it's just hair. And mine grows freaky fast. So I like to play.

Usually a big chop comes around when long hair on other people starts to look dead to me. Or I start to feel like it's not flattering and want a change. I have been teetering in that direction lately. But I'm trying to hold out for tailbone length to see if I like it. That should only be maybe 8-12 months tops including a significant trim or two.

Plus, now that I've learned to CO, I don't have the messy fly-away problem as much. I can look respectable at work without hair-goop.

Length
    1mm/term?/:/
    Type
    3b/C/ii

Why do men cut their hair off?

Account Closed by Member Request

I cut all my hair off many times. When I was younger, I did it because of head lice. Later, I cut it all off because it was a stage necessary for me to go through to find myself. As a long haired girl, I was shy, pushed around easily, and introverted. This was not something I liked, so my pixie chop was a part of my "liberation".
    It worked and I do not regret it. For many years, short hair earned me confidence and spunk. However, I feel I am ready and confident enough to go back to long again.
    I want to be both feminine and confident, and I will be in a few short years.

When I wrote the question i was thinking about women and their hairstyles. Sorry for offending anyone.

Of course I'd love to know why anyone cuts their hair off. Hindsight is 20/20. I should have asked 'why do people cut their hair off'...lol

Thanks Shypii for replying and ignoring the 'women' bit.

Length
    Chin/TBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I've actually toyed with the idea of cutting my hair often.

It's never been 'short' as in above shoulder or above, so I've always been curious as to how I'd look with short hair....

Lady Sunrise of the Prairie

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

When I was in Highschool it was to fit in. Didn't work.
    [URL="http://Hair1.jpg"][SIGPIC]

Length
    2/69/70?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Leisa View Post
    Why do women cut their hair off?
    Why do men cut their hair off?

Honestly, why does anyone have the style they have? Usually it boils down to personal preference.

Length
    22"/24"/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I cut mine off once when I was ten and sick of it and sick of myself, then promptly grew it all out again. The last big cut was over the summer, when I took my hair from TBL to just above my boobs because all that part had turned green. Oops! Then yesterday I cut off about 3" -saying goodbye to some of the remaining green (there's still some in there, though!) and to some of the split ends I got from having to rat my hair into huge, foofy pigtails three nights in a row for a Gothic dance number. Surprisingly, neither the ratting or the three-inch trim was that traumatic!
    "I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human"~David Bowie

Lady Idun of the Golden Orchard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    Short/IDK/Hip
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii

I got my first haircut when I was 13 because my mom made me. All through high school, I kept a short cut because I liked the low maintenance. Last time I cut my hair was to get rid of all my chemical damage. I hope I never have to cut my hair again (except for an occasional trim).
    IMHO, one can never have too much conditioner. ~Proverb from a PJ~
    Lady Bey of Twilight Cloud in the Order of the LongHaired Knights