View Poll Results: How often do you get complimented on your hair color?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

13 15.48%
  • Often

43 51.19%
  • Sometimes

15 17.86%
  • Rarely

5 5.95%
  • Never

8 9.52%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redheads: real and fake ones

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Redheads: real and fake ones

Do you often get compliments on your hair color?

Mine is henna, but the people who do comment think it's real. I don't often get compliments and I think it is because where I live there are no red heads, I know; pretty weird. There are plenty of red headed children but no adults, I bet they all dye their hair, maybe people don't like red hair here?
    Last edited by ilovelonghair; February 8th, 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Redheads: real and fake ones

I hear it all the time, mostly from my mother. She likes to tell me my hair is "gorgeous" and like "spun gold." The spun gold one is her favorite to use, she tells me that about 3-6 times a week.

Now, I was once a red head, but it faded to what it is now, even with other dye applied over it (brown dye... it's like it came off and the red said "HA!" then turned yellow. )
    Last edited by LittleOrca; February 8th, 2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: typos

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm auburn/brown/red but since to everyone in real life I am 'ginger' and am teased for it incessantly, I thought I should vote in this poll. I'm never complimented on my hair colour, except by my grandmother. Everyone of my generation just teases me. It's mostly jokingly and it doesn't really bother me, but it does confuse me. I'm not sure why there is such a stigma against redheads in the UK, but it is very widespread.
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

No one says a word (mostly because it's up and you can't see it, )

My aunt did look at me this Holiday and say "Huh, your hairs got red." (She was kidding, btw.)

freckles, it's so sad that you are teased over your hair! I always wanted to be redheaded, especially with the lovely 'ginger' coloring. Don't let them get to you, honestly. They may tease, but I'd bet a bunch of them actually think it's lovely.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

only the people on LHC and my hair stylist ever comment on my hair.

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

I get the occasional compliment - but I live in an area of Texas where red hair is celebrated by many. Started getting a few snide "ginger" comments after that Southpark episode though - but I think they're meant in fun.

My favorite compliment was being stopped in the store and asked to show the lady the box I used to color my hair, and her "oh darn it" reaction when I told her it was natural.

Cherry Sprinkle! You have my DREAM hair. So maybe I'm just another LHCer ... but I wish I could have luxurious relaxed curls like you have in your signature!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I voted often People really seem to like the light coppery color I get with my cassia/henna blend and are always surprised it isn't natural.

Where the BBQ is deliciously slow-smoked to perfection.
    Length
    32.00/27.5/45.00
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I get compliments all the time, though, some people seem to think I dye it because they "have never seen that color before."

And that South Park ginger episode? Screw that. I hope the derogatory "ginger" doesn't stick.

Length
    Tbone/Tbne+/Clssc
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I always seem to get compliments from complete stranger in the first couple days after I henna my hair. I occasionally get compliments from people I know, but the real kicker is that everyone approves of my going red except my mom. Every other female in the family besides her went red instead of grey.
    Lady Seshat, Divine Scribe in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Buzz/Hip/Class
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

My hair is the one part of my body I have always been confident about, mainly because I have always received compliments on it. Probably the biggest one was when my friend's mom had her blond hair dyed to match my hair color. Didn't work so well... and I think my friend (who also has blond hair) was a little hurt by that. Some of the comments I've gotten have been a little weird. Back in middle school, one of the popular girls told me I was the only pretty redhead she had ever met. Which I guess was a compliment to me, but it didn't really feel like one.

Anyway, lately the hair compliments I've been getting are about the length rather than the color. It's a bit exciting to me. Kind of a mini-milestone.