Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

Quote Originally Posted by cm006j View Post
    How interesting!

I am mostly Irish and Scottish with a little bit of French and German. My hair is very thick and completely straight. It is naturally a very dark brown that is frequently mistaken for black. Not sure how long it can go. The longest I've had it was a little past classic. I suspect it can go much longer. I look like my maternal grandmother, the fully Irish one. We are what they call "black Irish" with the light skin, freckles, and very dark hair.
    Hey, my hair at times gets mistaken being called black too! But my natural hair color is dark brown. My mother's natural hair color is dark brown too, and my father's hair is black and curly. My mother's hair is thick, and my father's hair is curly. I think I took my hair texture after my father but the thickness I took after my mother.

Length
    12/22.5/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'm Native American (Paiute and Cherokee) my hair is as straight as can be and very fine (but there's a lottt of it). However, I have been finding that I am growing thicker and darker strands more often and sometimes the new dark and thick strands are curly. Which makes me a little giddy every time I find them because I have always wanted hair with some wavy or curly texture haha
    Humidity just flattens it out and cold dry air makes it stick up with static lol

Length
    2"/28"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

I am primarily German Catholic with about 1/4 of my ancestry being an Eastern European mix (Polish-Ukrainian-Serbian-Croatian).
    Everyone in my family on both sides has always had very dark hair. I didn't realize until recently that Slavic people are traditionally thought of as having fair complexions. Not true for my family; we are a swarthy bunch. In fact, my Polish great-grandmother was once referred to by a youngster in the family as "the brown Grandma.
    I recently found out when my dad participated in a DNA test that we are also part Irish, but since his father was adopted, that was never a part of the family history. I'm guessing he probably would have been considered Black Irish to fit the pattern of all of us having dark hair.

As far as texture, it's neither curly nor straight. We all have waves to some degree.

Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm a bit of a mutt
    My father's parents were Canadian and native american and my mother's family is from all over Europe. I'm from the hills of Kentucky, so that's typical of most of us though! My hair type is is 2a/m/iii I believe (I think I've got this right)

Length
    Ear/TBL/Knee?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

SallySue Slavic people vary quite a lot, especially when you compare Eastern (Ukrainian, Russian, Belarussian) &Western (Polish, Czech, Slovakian) to Southern (Balkan area, including Serbian an Chroatian), Eastern and Western tend to be blondette (dark, ashy kind of blonde) with light to medium skin, while Southern are a bit darker, like in between the previous ones and Mediterranean. In Poland, black hair is considered as a 'rare jewel' type of beauty. My grandfather was Polish with a little of Ukrainian and Hungarian (Ukrainians are more likely to have dark hair, especially in the south of the country), he had jet black hair and a golden complexion, apparently he was extremely popular with girls. It's the same with eyes. The most common is hazel or blue (sometimes green) and dark eyes are quite a rarity

Length
    17/17/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Irish/welsh straight thinner hair

Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm from Denmark. I have thick 2a/2b/2c hair. My hair is dark blonde. As a child I had straight, fine, light blonde hair.

Nobody in my family has thick hair. My dad is from Denmark and has dark brown/black hair - and my mother is from Norway and has dark blonde hair. They both have fine, straight hair.

But my mother's dad has curls. And her big sister has curls too while her little brother has waves. So I probably got some waves from that side of the family.

Length
    15/31/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I'm Dutch and have slight wavy hair with very fine strands and a lot of it. When I was a kid some girls who lived next door, who were from Afghanistan, wanted to braid my hair and they couldn't because my hair was way too slippery and kept falling out. My hair can both get very poofy and huge and very soft and smooth and hard to hold any kind of style. This depends on how well I take care of it. I like low maintenance but if I don't condition well enough then it will just dry out like hay.

Length
    None/HL/FL
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Mine is a dense, coarse 3c type with a soft black color.
    Last edited by RottenMango; February 28th, 2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Typo

Length
    .5"/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Puerto Rican and Spanish. I have coarse/wavy/thick hair.
    "Kindness is the best nourishment for humanity"