Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    Knee+/23,5"/23,5"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

I'm 100 % Finnish as far as I know. My hair is 1c (or 1c/2a, not really sure...) F/M ii, although I have some very coarse hairs too. Neither me nor my parents have the most typical Finnish hair type, which is very often said to be fine, thin, slippery and fair/blonette. - A challenge to a hairdresser I'm surprised at how many times Finnish hair is talked about in negative terms here in Finland. Even in advertisements. We are said to constantly want to change the texture (--> less slippery and more coarse). Well, this could very well be true... At least most Finnish women dye their hair and the typical natural Finnish hair color is said to be boring, like dish water or "mousy".

My hair is not slippery at all and it is a darker than blonette. It used to be fair when I was a child, but it darkened over time to the current brown-ish color. Or is this really dark blonette? It looks very different in different circumstances... Sometimes blonette, sometimes almost dark brown. It grows quite fast. My parents had this color too, before greying. They had their first notable grey hairs in their 50's. Not too early... I'm 36 years old and noticed my first greys last year.
    Last edited by Katrina; June 6th, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typos

Length
    apl/hip/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I'm half Indian. The other side is a mostly even mix of Irish and German, with some Welsh thrown in for good measure (a while back, though). My hair is pretty solidly 2c with occasional 3a spirals, medium in both thickness and coarseness (I believe my ponytail is something like 3.25" or 3.5" -- have not measured in a while). It's dark enough that most people call it black.
    Last edited by getoffmyskittle; June 6th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Length
    SL/WL/HL
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I am half Korean and half German/Irish. My father is a natural red head with freckles and my mother is full Korean. My hair is around 2c as far as waviness goes and medium/coarse. Definitely not as coarse as my mother's but not enough to be considered medium either. Typically have a 3.5 ponytail - depending on if I have shorter layers that I cannot pull up in to the tail. Depending on if you see my hair in natural light or not, it is somewhat auburn with strands of red (and unfortunately some white and gray now). The length is WL and I am trying to grow to HL.

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm English/Irish and have 1b dark-blonde hair with red tones (guessing that's the Irish? ) My ponytail is 3 inches in circumference, and like my Mum, my hair grows like a weed!
    Pixie ~ Chin ~ Shoulder ~ APL - BSL ~ MBL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Tailbone
    Growing out a pixie since May 2012
    Cut back to APL December 2016

Type
    1a/C/iii

I'm Filipino with some Spanish/Chinese mixed in. My hair is perfectly pin straight (1a), medium/coarse, and thick (iii). My hair is black, but when I was born my hair had an obvious blue tint to it. Over the years the sun made the color fade. My hair typically can't hold any heat whatsoever unless I use a lot of heavy hold hair products. I think my circumference is around 4-5.5 inches, I don't remember exactly. I'm not quite sure what my dad's hair was like before he started balding, but it's obviously where I get my straightness from; my mother's hair is the complete opposite. It's the exact replica of Hermione's from Harry Potter: thick, wavy with an edge of curl, full, frizzy, seems to get bigger throughout the day. However my genes decided to make my hair an even blend of both hair, I'm not sure, but I'm thankful!

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I wish my hair was at least decisive like yours, Karisa. When I was in high school, I constantly suffered that "LITERALLY half-wavy and half-straight" problem that some of the wavy-haired have (and I frequently straightened the wavy side of my hair). Luckily, I now have perpetual braid-waves to keep that from happening again.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    11/19/25
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

My ancestry is of Korean descent. My hair has medium volume in it, it is pretty straight but can have some hints of waves, when shorter.
    Both my parents are from Korea. My mom has typical straight black Asian hair and a lot of me, but my dad has medium amount of hair and very coarse hair. Combine them and you get me who has a lot of thick coarse hair. I usually have to get it thinned out alot for me to be able to wash and tie up. Speaking of hair cutting, my hairdresser wash washing my hair and after a couple mins of soaking it with water she commented on how half my hair wasn't wet yet. So inconvenient to wash!

My hair is more or less black depending on the light. In the sun it has some reddish/brownish hues in it.

My hair never tangles unless I don't trim it for a long time or damaged from color treatments.

All in all, I really like my hair. I just wish it was less coarse or less of it at times.

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I'm half-Portuguese, quarter-Italian and quarter-Brazilian, and I have 1b/1c medium brown hair. It's pretty common around here, although most girls tend to have wavier hair. As for hair colour, most people have hair ranging from blonette to dark brown.

Length
    29'/31.5'/38"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I am a Pakistani and I have "Wurly" hair, i.e, Staright/slightly wavy from the roots and curls at the ends :3
    I believe it could be a little curlier if it was shorter though
    But at the end of the day no pain no gain

I'm half Portuguese, half Brazilian and my hair is 2a/b and it's a reddish/brown
    APL|BSL|Waist|Hip | Hip +
    22.5/26.5/29.5/33/ ? /