Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    pixie/bob/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

So far as I know, I'm mostly swedish and english. I have fine blond semi-wavy hair with medium thickness. Sounds like I have the stereotypical scandinavian hair.

Length
    Short/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

I'm half norwegian, a quarter italian and a quarter german. I'm not quite sure where it comes from, as my family claims it comes from different sides. Fine-medium strands, 1b/1c and iii+, so... *shrug* o.o
    Photos from "Wear All Your Hairtoys Once" challenge
    Shoulder--APL--BSL--WL--HL--TBL
    Maintaining now with a mohawk cut on the sides!

Length
    24in/34in/43+
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Interesting topic

What's your heritage?
    3/4 German and a smidge of Native American

Your hairtype?
    Most strands are super fine and thin, but I have a few thick ones in there. Stick straight thanks to Native American blood, thin and mousy brown thanks to Mom.

Your family's?
    I have 4 brothers, blonde to dark brown, and all balding. Which does not bode well for me lol

My dad was half Native American and had a full head of soot black hair all his life.

Type
    2c/M/iii

I'm European- Like, literally. My ancestors are from every place in Europe- from Norway to Greece, Ireland to Spain, etc. Every single place you can name in Europe, they can trace me to. My mom's sister got some sort of blood/whatever test a year ago, and she found out this.

My hair's orange/ginger, curly, SUPER thick. My skin is pale with pink undertones, and I have green eyes.

My mom has very wavy/ slightly curly hair that is thick, yet fine. She has very pale, pinkish skin and red hair. Her eyes are light blue.

My dad, who we don't know the nationalities of, has average white skin that tans VERY dark, very thick blonde hair that is pin straight, and bright green eyes.

All of my grandparents have brown or black hair, two of my grandparents have dark brown eyes, the others have blue.

Great post! I'm Mexican with thick, wavy, naturally black hair that grows very very fast. About 5 inches a month. Got that from my dad's side of the family.

I'm African-American, Jewish (from Eastern Europe) and have a little Seminole mixed in there. My grandma's family is all dark olive with dark hair (they are the ones from Eastern Europe) and she is the only blond. I was born with platnium blond hair that only got dark as I got older. My hair is still sandy brown with blond highlights. People think I dye it.

My hair is now a 3b, but I didn't know I even had curly hair the first 28 years of my life. No lie. I was so clueless about my hair. It was only once I went CG that I discovered that I could get ringlettes and spirals.

My mom is a 3a/3b and my dad is in the 4c range. My brother is probably a 2c/3b and my daughter is a 2c/3a. My son is a 3b/c. They all have almost black hair. Most of my family on the mixed side has hair from 2a-3b range.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'm a mix of Swedish & Norwegian on my Dad's side, Swiss, German, & Scottish I think on my Mom's.

I have chestnut brown hair that is medium thick and fairly straight. It's growing at about .5 inches per month.

My siblings range from very dark brown to blonde. I was auburn as a baby as is our youngest daughter. Our kids that take after my side have darker hair and those that take after hubby's have blonde that darkens as they approach adolescence. Some have curly hair like their dad, in varying degrees. Our 8 yo is the only one with my features & straight hair.

Length
    15"/25"/35"+
    Type
    2c/M/i/ii

wow, that's one long thread!!!

It's amazing though to read through and see the hair tendencies in diff. nations

I'm a mostly Slavic mix (Russian, Ukranian, Polish) with some Gypsy and Jewish added!

My hair is naturally ashy-mousy-sandy brown, medium, with plenty natural curls (when I treat it right)

Length
    N/A./68 CL/ALAIG
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I'm Polish, Russian, German, a wee bit of Irish, and Dutch as far as I know. Lol. My hair is very fine and thin, with it being a darker brown to black on top fading to a lighter brown at the bottom from the sunlight.

Lady Flilipina Aderyn Orea, Keeper of the Enchanted Mountains in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

I'm half Chinese, a quarter Polish, and a quarter English. My mom is Chinese, with coarse, black hair with a slight wave, not pin straight hair. My dad had blonde hair that turned jet black as he grew up, with waves. I've seen pics of him with APL hair, and it looked almost like braid waves. My hair is a combo of both. It's very dark brown with a reddish tinge when backlit by the sun. I have very slight waves when air dried, and my mom's hair when blow dried. I have her hair strength without being as coarse. My twin sister has my same exact hair although we're not identical. My little sister has finer hair, same color, but much straighter. She has a slight wave by her forehead and that's it.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    ....Lady Sha'abi of the Thousand Golden Coins in the Order of the Long Haired Knights...