Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

I'm 50% Italian, 25% Puerto Rican, 25% Spanish (Spain)
    My hair is dark brown with a slight hint of red. I have some thin hairs, some thick hairs and some coarse hairs all with a little wave. I have brown eyes. my mom (Italian) has red hair, green eyes, she has had greys for as long as I can remember but she keeps her hair short and dyes it. My dad (Spanish/Puerto Rican) has black hair with tons of greys. My mom says I look just like her grandmother (Italian).

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Well I'm part Greek. My mother is English and her mother is half Dutch. I have the greek kind of hair, pretty thick, tough and dark. But I think my mother's terminal length is somewhere in my genetic code cause it doesn't seem to grow. And my mums TL is very very short. Shoulder length I think.
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I'm a 100% German and have thin, fine, straight brown hair.

Length
    14/34.0/40
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I am about 50% Scottish, 25% Irish, and the rest a mix of English, French and some M'ikmaw in there for good measure.

My hair is fairly straight, some wave as I get older. It used to be VERY thick when I was a teenager, but has thinned out.
    "Long hair is considered bohemian, which may be why I grew it, but I keep it long because I love the way it feels, part cloak, part fan, part mane, part security blanket." - Marge Piercy

Length
    3/13/18
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

LOl, Alright, check this out. I am 50% Hispanic, 25% German, 25% Jewish (race). I have lived in Scotland, Germany, Kuwait, (Seattle, Los Angeles, Texas) USA, and currently living in Japan. All within 21 years. I have long pony tail hair, which curls at the end. Yet, still.. manly.... shut up.... alright..

All I know for sure is that I'm Norwegian, German, and Native American (Northern Cheyenne). My hair is either straight or has a pretty set wave. It's easily styled. And its very thick and heavy, usually a total pain in the butt. Its a medium ash brown I think. I have golden-y highlights though, and my skin is about 50/50 warm/cool.

When I got my last hair-cut, the hair dresser told me I have a German hair-line I felt like I just had my palm read or something.

I am mostly German from my dad and Irish from my mom. I get my ash blonde hair color from my dad's side (as well as his olive skin) but the curl from my mom's side (and her blue eyes). I think both of my father and mother have fine hair so I probably get it from either of them. My sister has more of a strawberry blonde from probably my father's side, but got my mother's white freckly skin. And my brother got my father's tan skin but my mother's dark hair. But neither sibling got curly hair like me. :/

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I am half Italian, half Polish. Somehow I got dirty blonde, fine hair (but a ton of it) and stick straight. My mom has blonde, fine curly hair and my dad has thick black straight hair so I got her color and thickness, but his straightness.

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm almost an even split between German, Irish, and Native American. I have fine, 1b/sometimes 1c hair that's a natural lightish brown color. When I dyed it darker, all my friends commented on how I no longer looked European (I have insanely high cheekbones and eyes that look gray in most light) but my pale skin and freckles made it quite clear that I'm also Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutinous View Post
    I'm British (English to be technical) but I have Native American ancestry which is where my family gets our really dark hair from, and possibly the texture too - all of our hair is really thick (as in the individual strands are thick and we have a lot of it!).
    I've always been told that Native Americans have fine, generally fairly straight hair strands but thick hair when it comes to the amount of it. That's definitely true in my family. I guess it depends on what tribe your heritage is.
    To bring forth art is a calling most simple and severe, but at the same time a destiny and thus greater than any of us, more powerful, and immeasurable to the end.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I'm 1/4 norwegian, 1/4 native, and the rest is scots and Irish.... And I have thick, red, heavy hair... lol
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length