Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    Chin/WL/MTL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

Quote Originally Posted by |Xei View Post
    With that said, my hair is definitely not typically Chinese (near-black, course, thick, super straight). Mine is very fine, very soft, thin-average thickness, slight wave, and my natural hair colour is a very dark brown, although not noticeably so since many people would probably say it's black.
    I've always thought that all Asian people had thick hair. I was totally wrong o_o !
    Health over Length
    Sept. 1, 2021:Trim got me back to MBL (close to Waist).
    Goal: MTL (if possible).

I'm a painter, photographer, Craftsperson and writer:
    WEBSITE

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I'm British ! I have very thick, very wavy, very coarse bright red hair!
    My Dad has very dark brown curly hair and my Mam has very light brown fine, straight hair.

Length
    BSL/36.5/42
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I’m a huge blend, but I have more Scottish and Cherokee than anything else. In smaller amounts there is also Canadian Indian, German, Italian, Irish and I think some English. Most of my family came to the United States about 150 years ago and all that mixing was done here.

I have NO idea where my thin brown hair came from but it certainly isn’t from my Native American side (but that part shows up in my face XD).

Length
    APL/14"/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I'm french canadian from Montreal. So yes english is not my first language ^^.
    I used to hate my auburn superthick curly hair (black hair dye, straightening everyday) but now I growing it out, loving it!!

My mom has brown wavy normal thickness hair and my father crazy black curly hair.

Length
    26"/Hip/??
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I'm half Japanese, 1/8 Greek, and an unknown mix of German, Scottish, Irish, French, Jew, and probably little bits of Turk.

I have black (very dark brown, if you're picky) hair that's very coarse and thick. My family's hair runs the who gambit. My great-grandmother (Japanese) had completely white hair, but her son (who is now 8 is still very much on the pepper side of salt and pepper. My German grandma has baby fine hair and she married a Greek and had my mom who has fine hair. My sister has hair much like my mom, but I have hair a lot like my dad. It's really interesting.

I'm really glad you posted this! My family background is interesting to say the least.

Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm Romanian and my hair is 1c/2a - M - ii

My mom is 1a/f/ii, my dad has my hair down to the color.

Length
    24 in/28 in/32 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

My mother is full-blooded Scot, born and raised, and has fine, thin, wavy hair with a natural color of light-medium reddish-brown hair (all white now though).

My dad's heritage is a mix of English, French, Scottish, and Cherokee and he had thick, thick wavy almost black hair. Even in his mid-50s he's only starting to thin on top.

My hair is fine but average volume, dark brown and naturally wavy with curls (normally frizz) at my temples.

Length
    27 in/30 in/45 in
    Type
    3a/3b/M/i/ii

I'm South Indian (Indian=from India). Racially, as a Brahmin, I'm supposed to be Aryan but judging by the number of dark skinned and curly haired people in my family, I'd say I have a lot of Dravidian blood as well.
    My mum has very fine, wavy hair. She grew it very long when she was young (below her bum), and though it's very thin, she's never had frizz, even in our humid climate.
    My dad also has very fine hair, but it's ridiculously curly. I had the same hair when I was younger, but now it is straighter on top and begins curling halfway down. I inherited the dreadful frizz from him :|

Colourwise, we're all the same blah blah dark brown or black. I wish there was some variation to keep things interesting :P

Length
    2/26/~30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I'm Russian with 1/4 Belorussian blood. Hair-wise I took mostly after my mother who had typical fine blond wavy hair. My hair is also rather fine and wavy but thicker and a couple of shades darker, thank to my father

Hair is like cat. You can't really tame it, you just have to care and enjoy.

Length
    2,5/12,5/CB
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

I'm half Dutch and half Kurd and there's also a lil'French and Chinese in me somewhere!
    My mother has red her with slight curl and my dad had very thick black hair {He isn't around here anymore (:} and no one in my family, ever, ever got bald.
    I do have the thickest hair of my family and always had the longest. Now it's even shorter then my grandmothers.