Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    18.7/21/38
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

I'm English. My hair is: 2a - F/M - ii and dark brown with a redish glimmer in light
    My mum is English, her father is australian (so who knows origions of that side) and her hair type is: 1b - M/C - iii naturaly her hair is dark brown / black
    My fathers side is very much english, his hair was blonde/ginger.
    I'd say his hair was: 3b - F - i

Two complete opposites, i'm either a throw back or have mixed genes of the 2.

Length
    Chin/WL/MTL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm French.
    Here in France we can divide the country into two parts (about the ethnicity types).
    There are blondes with fair skin more in the north of the country. They have indeed their origins rather Nordic. While in the south there is much often dull skin and brown hair.
    But hey it's a bit cartoonish, because everyone is mixed. ^^

For myself most of my family is from Brittany or Normandy. I have a few that come from Marseilles (a city in the South-East).
    My mother is from Brittany. She is has (had) naturally wavy golden blond hair and green eyes (and also fair skin). My father has Marseilles roots (although he spent his childhood and adolescence in Germany). He is has black fine hair and hazel-brown eyes.

About me now :

I'm a natural dark-blond haired with golden (lighter) ends. I also have fair skin but have Hazel-green eyes (the perfect mix between my mother and my father as you can see!).

I'm most of the time 1b but sometimes 1c. My hair are very soft and become easily wavy thanks to my hairstyles.

I'm most M(edium) than F(ine) but have some Fine hair. (Unfortunately due to the frequent use that I had of lightener hair spray...).

Otherwise, my hair are ii-normal (7.5 cm / 3 in').

Ow and I hope my English isn't too bad

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Hello! I am 100% Dominican. I have very tight curls that over the years have loosened up. My hair color is naturally a medium ash brown that always lightens up in the summer and brings out my natural highlights. Unfortunately I didn't know the value of my hair color and dyed it at a a young age and I have never had it natural since. One of my goals is to grow my hair color back out

Length
    Chin/~APL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm half Italian (dad's side of the family originally from Sicily). I'm about a quarter Irish and about a quarter Hungarian. The rest is a bit of Welsh, Czech, Slavic (the region formerly known as Yugoslavia), and Pennsylvania dutch (German). My hair is a dark brown and wavy almost to the point of being curly. Its of M texture and ii in volume. My mom's hair is really curly and blonde whereas my my dad's is jet black and wavy (with really tan skin) so I'm somewhere in the middle with my light-ish blue eyes, olive toned but light skin, and dark brown hair .
    Growing out again
    2b-c/M/ii

marginally north of where the stars at night are big and bright.
    Length
    22ish/Hip+/TB
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I'm mostly German, with bits of French thrown in here and there (before they came to the US, both sides of my family were from Alsace-Lorraine). I have baby fine hair, but considering how narrow each strand is, I do have a decent amount of it. I can't really feel each strand, and unless It's against a contrasting background, I can barely see it. My mother and sister are the same way, but they both have light brown hair, and they've never had it longer than shoulder length. I'm the only redhead in my enormous family, and everyone I meet just assumes my ancestry is Irish or Scottish.

Uhm, I'm French-Canadian and American.
    My hair is in between medium thickness and Thick.
    It gets oily after three days of no washing, and it's extremely dry. I have a very bad Widows Peak, though my hair is white blonde at the roots so you can't see it. I have baby curls that I call my "Devil Horns" cause they curl up and its adorable.
    I don't have sideburns, necessarily, but I have locks of hair that are in front of my hair that are growing like they are, though they aren't attached to my head .. it's really weird to explain.
    I don't even know what I'm doing hair. I don't know half of the things about me Lol.

Length
    -/WL/WL/HL
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I'm south Indian on my mother's side and Caucasian (various strains of European) and Native American on my dad's side. My hair is curly like my father's and fine like my mother's. I also got her "wash and go" genes, which is nice. Medium/dark brown hair with loooots of copper and a little bit of blonde, light/medium yellow skin (thank you mommy) and hazel eyes. Not particularly exciting XD

Length
    ??/Hip/??
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'm Chinese, but I do have my suspicions as to whether I'm fully Chinese or not. Some people on my mom's side, especially my grandmother, do not look fully Chinese, and look like they could be part Southeast Asian.

With that said, my hair is definitely not typically Chinese (near-black, course, thick, super straight). Mine is very fine, very soft, thin-average thickness, slight wave, and my natural hair colour is a very dark brown, although not noticeably so since many people would probably say it's black. My hair is quite resilient for being what it is though, since I have put it through harsh bleachings before, and it's come out fine.

I have French nationality, but I'm pretty mixed. A possible Indo-Caribbean or Brazilian Japanese/French mix from my mother's side (other than the French part, we don't know much from her side, sadly) and a diverse European mix from my dad's side (French, Italian, Catalan, Austrian, Polish, very diluted English, etc.) and maybe some other origins... I got super thick, frizzy, wurly and thick-stranded (not coarse) hair from my mom's side, but my dad's side kind of "straightened" my hair a little and prevented it from being more curly, coarse and/or black-colored like my mom's. Strangely, my hair was much more fine and straight as a child. But then, when puberty hit- BAM! The wild hair genes struck!

Length
    chin/20"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm Icelandic on one side, and Finnish and what we think is Ashkenazi Jewish on the other side. Genetically, Icelanders got around, but we're mainly Scandinavians with borrowed genetic material from the UK and further east. My genes are fairly dominantly Scandinavian, and I look fairly Icelandic, hair included. Ashy medium-dark brown, very fine (like spider silk), with natural waves on top that can be brushed straight and an underside of curls that can be brushed to a frizzy-wavy consistency; cones tend to weight my hair enough to straighten the top layer and smooth the underside. I henna my hair to rid myself of the ashy tone, but other than that, I don't do much to alter my hair from its natural state.