Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    pixie/cheek/BS
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

I am Asian Pacific Islander.. or specifically Hawaiian with some Heinz 57 mixed in (that is what my mother calls it, a little bit of everything).

My hair is straight and very fine and at the moment, very black.

ETA: I am between a fine and medium at the moment, however once I'm done with my post-baby shed I will be back to a fine.

Length
    apl/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I'm interested in seeing what some of the European hairtypes are. My heritage is Irish, Scottish, English and little Polish. But we've been in the US since before the Revolutionary War, so there could be so many ethnicities mixed in. My hair is thick and coarse, moderately curly, medium brown.

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

My father's side is Spanish and Irish. My mother's side is German, Scottish, and a smidge of American Indian, somewhere in there. Both of my parents have brown hair and brown eyes.

I was light blonde as a child with blue eyes. A pediatrician told my parents that it was a 1:64 chance that I would be fair.

Two of my grandparents, my paternal grandmother (Irish) and my maternal grandfather had blue eyes and red hair.

As I aged, my hair darkened a bit, and then I started with henna, and I haven't looked back... well, maybe I have. I've got about 2 inch roots now, because I wanted to see if I have greys. I don't yet... and I've been to lazy to re-henna.

My father says I look very much like his mother, Irish with red hair and blue eyes. That suits me fine. She was a beautiful and spirited woman, and I'd be proud to know that I carry on some of her!

I am Native North American Native, but I come from two different tribes so my features are a blend of both. I have 1b hair that's very thick and sort of coarse, it can be easily manipulated to become more wavy, but I generally don't. My mom has classic 1a hair type that is straight as a board and won't bend for the life of her. It's funny because I would rather her stick straight hair and she wishes she had my hair which you can do more with. My dad has more waves in his hair which may be evidence of other racial ancestory on his side of the family.

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm half Dutch and half Italian, German, Native American, Irish, and a bit of French.

That being said, I have dark brown almost black hair. I have a slight widow's peak and I'd consider myself 2a. I also have mostly medium stands, but I do have quite a few that are courser than the rest.

*wink*

Length
    12 in/Waist/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Holy crow you guys, this is awesome! It's crazy to see the different hairtypes and genetic circumstances. I wish I could reply individually but I appreciate your stories! I find genealogy fascinating.

More, more!

Length
    20 in/30/40 in
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I am italian and greek and I have very wavy hair that is naturally very dark brown. It is prone to frizz/dry/splits, but with the right products it gives a great curl and looks healthy. I always wanted straight hair and once a week I blowdry it out.
    I always admired the typical asian type of hair.
    http://xovictoryxo.blogspot.com/
    Lady Victory of the Skyward Sword in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/short/??
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

I'm Romanian with some Armenian blood mixed in (from one of my great-grandfathers). My hair is thick, curly and coarse. Started out dark blonde, but ended up darkening to the medium brownish colour I have now. My mom has fine black hair, my dad has my exact colour and hair type, as does my sister except hers is dark brown.

Fascinating thread!

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Pretty pure Irish, and it's fine, thick, dark and wavy/wurly.

Length
    ~15"/47"/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Norwegian/ German, mostly. A little bit of Pole, Hebrew, and Irish mixed in.

Born with LOTS of black hair. Went blond, and darkened towards brown eventually.

Strands are mostly that brownblonde and fine, but I have some coarse black hairs and some medium red hairs.

And the silly stuff can't seem to decide how wavy it is. Sometimes it's straight, and sometimes its almost curly!