Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

I am nothing particularly out of the ordinary (British, with a lot of Irish ancestors) but I just wanted to drop by to say I love Indian hair. It's my favourite "nationality-specific" hair.
    Last edited by chopandchange; April 18th, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Length
    23/32/term
    Type
    1b/M/ii

My ancestry is of Chinese descent but my hair isn't like that of most Chinese people. My hair has a lot of volume in it, it is not slick straight and has some hints of waves, especially when wet. I've had hairdressers suggest that I permanently straighten my hair to get that sleek Asian look!

Both my parents are from China. My mom has typical straight black Asian hair, but my dad's hair used to be wavy (he's bald now).

My hair is more or less black depending on the light. In the sun it has some reddish/brownish hues in it. It is on the warmer side of black, not the cool side.

My hair takes to curls very well, unlike many other Chinese. Sometimes I can bun my hair dry and get bun waves.

My hair is also very strong. I hardly ever find split ends and as long as my hair does not have build up, it is tangle free.

All in all, I really like my hair. I just wish it was thicker and longer!

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chopandchange View Post
    I am nothing particular out of the ordinary (British, with a lot of Irish ancestors).
    Same here, interestingly we have the same hair type and colour... My mum and sister have much softer (but still thick), blond hair and both look more "Saxon" than me and my father, who look more Irish, (pale skin, greenish eyes, darker hair).

Type
    2a/M/iii

I'm danish with some swedish, and spanish mixed in there. That's what I know of anyway

I have dark blonde/golden blonde hair. (born platinum blonde) I'm not so sure about my hairtype. It has changed big time, after I stopped dying it. But it will probably end up a 2 something. Very very thick. It looks so stupid, when I have my hair down at this lenght, because its so full and that gives me the unwanted darth vader look. Buuuut it just means it will look killer, when it's long, I guess

My mom has dark brown, 3a hair. My dad light blonde, thin, pin straight hair. My sister, hip lenght golden blonde, pin straight hair (so beautiful). My little brother, has light blonde silky soft, straight hair. And my other little brother has the same as me, just short
    Waiting for waist

Length
    0.5"/21/28
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

I'm British (English to be technical) but I have Native American ancestry which is where my family gets our really dark hair from, and possibly the texture too - all of our hair is really thick (as in the individual strands are thick and we have a lot of it!).

It's definately an interesting topic!

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I have no idea what nationality I am ... But, I can say with all sincerity that I am a human mutt

Length
    3 in/26 in/48 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

As for me Romanian _ on both sides though I was told that some Irish may have made it in to the mix somewhere. I have thick wavy hair that looks like the rest of my family though I have a odd undertone of deep red to the dark brown.My family all has this high for head .

so your watching over me huh?

of the fairy folk sugarpixie10988's Avatar
    Length
    chin/Waist/clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm English, German, Swiss, Scottish, Welsh, and a lot of other stuff which I don't remember, all European though. My hair is pretty straight, it's dark blonde. My brother on the other hand has dark curly hair that's pretty ashy. The under part of my hair which isn't exposed to the sun is almost the exact shade as his hair, so I suspect if he went outside as much as I do his color would be more like mine .

Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I am mostly Greek, with a smidge of Scottish thrown in, with dark blonde 3a hair. I have pretty standard thick, curly Greek hair, but much lighter in color than any of my relatives. They have true brown hair in a variety of darknesses, but my hair is a dark dark golden blonde. I'm guessing that the color comes from more of the Scottish side.

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

My heritage is English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Irish, Indian (from India), and Native American.

When I first went natural, my hair was super curly, but as I gain length, my hair type seems to be changing, maybe a 2c/3a, or something.

My mother is more of a 2a/2b and my father from what I could tell in pictures was 2b/2c maybe.

My mother was born blonde and still is but on the lower end of the spectrum. My father had medium brown hair with red highlights. My grandmother had jet-black hair.

My hair color is all of these combined. My hair is dark brown with some wiry coarse black hair. During the spring and summer, my highlights come out, blonde from my mother and red from my father.

My hair is coarse, medium, thick curly, wavy, and fine all at the same time, just depends on the section of hair you are currently looking at.
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!