Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

This is an interesting thread, I'd say. Genetics is a fascinating area for me.

Family heritage: My nationality is Finnish. That means that different kinds of races are mixed here: Nordids, Baltids (and Samis). My grandma (from mother's side) has lived in the Russian area before the Second World War, so I'm sure there are slavic genes also. Sometimes I also wonder, whether I have those Sami genes. The people living in Lapland, had quite similar hair type as mine. But that's just a thought based on suspicions.

Parents: Well, both parents have thick hair, a little of bit wavy/frizzy like 1b but mostly straight. Dad had its own as a naturally copper shade, although nowadays it's just gray. Mum had light and cold shade as a child, but nowadays her roots are much darker. And no gray hair is seen. The time will show whether I've got the genes from her or from the other side? The males from my mother's heritage seems to have thick hair, but get bald in their early 20's. That's sad.

About my hair: There are rumours, that people living in Finland, have fine or medium hair and i/ii. IMO curliness differs a lot, but of course afro curls are not common. I also consider that C is very rare type here. Most of my friends have different kind of type than mine, 1b M ii/iii. It is actually quite similar to Emichiee's hair type. Most of time my hair is just sleek straight, but especially the humid weather and short haircut help to design a little messy waveness. But never defined and beautiful curls, blah. I can create curls quickly on my hair, just with a braids. But curls won't last easily in my head, a few hours and form is straight again. My hair is very strong, and just like Asians, its doesn't dye out easily by chemicals and heat. Tangles are quite rare, although many times colored ends are starting to stick to each other. But that's quite obvious for waist-length chemically treated hair, isn't it? As a shorter and virgin hair, it never tangled. Growth rate is about 1.5 cm to 2cm, I guess. That's annoying because I have to get my roots retouched often.

My hair colour: That's just like my mum's. My natural colour was ashy blonde as a little girl. It changed slowly to dark blonde, and I haven't seen the original colour clearly since the 1990's. Hopefully it has darkened more, nowadays I'm using dark brown colours regularly. My natural colour had a hint of warm hues, but the main shade is ashy/cold. The sun lightened the colour especially in summer to more golden tone. (The copper tone from dad, but less bright. ) The light colour is clearly inherited from the slavic grandma, although her hair type was very different (F/i)

Type
    1b/M/ii

Im Irish, Spanish and English. My mom who is Spanish was born with fine blonde hair and same with her mother. Her father had black hair, and her brothers inherited his dark hair. However, after time, my mom`s hair darkened to brown.

My father has red hair, and was born with blonde hair. His hair is very thick and wavy. His siblings have light red hair and strawberry blonde hair with the same texture. But some of his other siblings have dark brown hair that is thick.

My little brother has bright orange hair which is wavy, my sisters have dark brown hair one has fine hair and the other has really thick wavy brown hair.

I on the other hand, was born with fine blonde hair and for my first 10 years, my hair was dark blonde and wavy at the ends because it was so long. Now my natural color hair changed to light brown and is pretty fine although it appears a bit thick because of the chemical damage. When my hair was at it`s longest it was still wavy at the ends, but still fine.

Length
    25/40/45
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I'm Italian/Slovenian. My Dad had a head full of curls (as does my oldest brother). Mine has some natural wave and courseness to it. I was always a dirty blonde until I started to turn silver. I'll never have that sleek shiny flat hair that I so envy!
    TammySue

Banned
    Length
    Bald/Chin/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'm Norwegian and German. My hair is most definately red (naturally). It's straight but not pin staright, I have some wave at the ends.

Iīm spanish, and my hair is darkest brown with natural red highlights. Is very healthy and strong, but in the past I was a stupid who liked to dye her hair, and I dinīt care enough...Now, my hair is OK, but it can be so much better

Length
    1/SL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

My parents are from Argentina but I think before that my family is form spain, but one grandma's family is like native south american. my hair is really dark brown, sometimes it looks black and mostly straight and thick too.

Length
    SL/SL/WL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I'm just plain English. Both my parents are from England. Although one grandma has lots of european genetics, French, Irish all sorts. I have pale pink under toned skin that burns in the sun. Blue eyes and light brown, has become more golden hair thats fine in texture with a bit of natural wave. Been getting natural blonde highlights from the sun too which I'm liking. People have said I look like I have an English rose complexion? Not sure exactly what that is though...I guess they must mean pale skin, blue eyes and brown hair?

Im Italian with a bit of native American Indian.....

Most people tend to say that my hair looks indian but I dont think its as dark as most indians Ive met... and it seems wavier.

Everyday a Renegray(dont let the photo fool ya)

Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

Half Scottish, Half English, brown thickish hair which I dye orange (one day it will be ginger!), an 'English rose' complexion with a lot of freckles None of the family are quite as pale as I am..... dad has black hair, mum had gingery-brown. sisters blonde? we dont know where that came form....
    Slowly becoming eccentric.....for a tutorial on how I do my ribboned hairstyles go here!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=67484

Irish/Italian here. I have wavy/almost curly hair with thick but not coarse strands (they behave like baby fine hair but are pretty thick, not at all wiry or hard, weird, I know), and my natural color is a tawny-ish color. I was a black haired baby and it slowly lightened over the years and neutralized at about age 10.
    My father has the same natural color and my mother has the same texture.