Thread: Bio amla shampoo

Length
    23/30/41
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Question Bio amla shampoo

Anyone tried this? I picked it up at the Indian supermarket yesterday. The ingredients aren't listed, it just says that it contains 24 herbs and flowers (primarily: amla, shika-kai, nagar-mota, kuchari-kapoor, bramhi, and bahirarha) . From what I can find on the internet, it seems to have been around for more than 40 years. I'm hoping it might help with my suddenly gone flakey scalp. Would be good to hear people's experience. Will report back on the results when I've done a first wash.

Length
    23/30/41
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Bio amla shampoo

I'm going to report on this in case anyone else wants to try it. I've washed three times now and I am really happy with the shampoo. I had real problems with a flaky scalp after swapping to cone-free, sulfate-free shampoos 2 years ago and this is the first natural shampoo I've found which doesn't cause my scalp to flake. The mixture of shikakai, amla etc. leaves hair feeling clean and soft. It's definitely going to be my standard shampoo from now on.

Length
    d.n.a/neck/mo'h.
    Type
    1b/M/i

Is it this shampoo by any chance? The ingredients are listed here:
    http://bioamla.en.ec21.com/SHAMPOO_B...o--520121.html

Length
    23/30/41
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Yes that's it!!! But I'm somewhat distraught because it's got cones in it I can't believe I've just used cones on my hair for the first time in over 2 years. Now I don't know what to do because I have been cone-free for so long and want to stay that way but my hair feels so much nicer after washing with this shampoo.

Length
    d.n.a/neck/mo'h.
    Type
    1b/M/i

reality bites

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Why not try straight indian herbs like Hesh hairwash powder? No cones or weird stuff, just herbs. Just my two cents...
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Length
    23/30/41
    Type
    1c/M/ii

kdaniels: I've been looking for shikakai for ages and just can't seem to get hold of it in Germany - apart from really expensive on the internet. The whole reason I bought this amla shampoo is because it contains shikakai and I was glad to have found something with this ingredient.

Still undecided about what to do. Yesterday I read through all the old threads about people who went back to using cones and am wondering whether I may well belong to this group. My hair was ok going without cones for 2 years but my scalp is definitely better with cones (no idea why). I may stick to using the amla shampoo and do a clarifying every now and then.