Thread: Heavy conditioner recs that will weigh hair down?

Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Heavy conditioner recs that will weigh hair down?

I've tried oils, but they make my hair look greasy. I need something that will pull out my curls some and make my hair less Fluffy but won't look greasy. I need a styling product too if anyone has any recs. Thanks!

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Heavy conditioner recs that will weigh hair down?

Im one of the fine medium hairs that loves extremely heavy conditioners and leave ins. I am not curly at all but they make my hair alot straighter but with a tiny bit of shape still. They make it feel smooth and thicker and just soft and nice in general.

I wish I had a little bit cheaper recs, but I adore it's a 10 miracle leave in with keratin. The product lasted me oh...from thanks giving, until a few weeks so and that was with daily use! I also love bed head after party. It's heavy, yet light on my hair but still gives it that weight I like. Both of the, make my hair like amazing silk. Im sorry those might sound like generic hairdresser responses but i have a cupboard full of about 14 different leave ins and since using these they are the only ones I really like anymore. It would be awesome if you had a hairdresser friend who would be willing to just pick you up some at wholesale price.

I wish I had a good conditioner rec...I'm having a fall out with pretty much all conditioners lately (so ill be watching this thread) but I do like garnier triple nutrition..not sure how heavy it is on the heaviness scale though but I like it. I always enjoyed Pantene beautiful lengths condish but haven't used it in 5 years. Can't remember why I stopped but there was a reason. I almost bought some yesterday, actually.
    I wanted to go on a whim and try some dove conditioners (repair one) thinking it would be nice and heavy but it was a bust. Plus, why must they put sulfates in conditioner?? I'm still using it but it doesn't give me that nice heavy feeling, although the moisture one does (I think).
    I tend to use deep treatments as my regular conditioner because of the heaviness and the deep moisture.
    I'm such a conditioner snob though...it's hard to find ones I love. :/ I hope you can find something that works : )
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    12'/14'/25'

I would like to know too! My hair is thick and prone to frizz and needs a heavy conditioner to help weigh it down

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration isn't a bad one (pretty moisturizing), if you like silicones.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Lush's Retread works for me.
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.

Length
    12'/14'/25'

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Herbal Essences Hello Hydration isn't a bad one (pretty moisturizing), if you like silicones.
    I tried that one and it seemed to make my hair feel drier. It had good slip but didn't seem to moisturize very well

Length
    20"/23"/30"+
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

If you don't mind ordering online, you can try Organicals Conditioning Cream by ingredientstodiefor.com

They have half a dozen unscented conditioners for all hair types and I like adding my own herbs and scents. I cowash with it once in a while in rotation with cheap-o Suave. Most often, I will spread it through after a heavy coconut oiling and washing out with Shikakai.

Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks for the recs everyone! I will check those out. I also found an old LHC thread where people liked humectress for weight. I think I will also try this girl's routine for moisture and see if that helps with the puff
    http://hairscapades.com/2012/08/21/m...s-on-wash-day/

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Natural_Locks24 View Post
    I tried that one and it seemed to make my hair feel drier. It had good slip but didn't seem to moisturize very well
    Different strokes for different people, I guess. It's the only thing that can detangle my hair well over here!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

If you want a really heavy conditioner that weighs your hair down, try Honeysuckle Moisturizing conditioner from Aubrey Organics. It's extreme.
    You can combine it with Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo (make sure it says "new recipe"), this is the most moisturizing shampoo I've ever had.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be