Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: co and dandruff poo nightmare?

Length
    22/27/Waist
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: co and dandruff poo nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by x0h_bother View Post
    Diluting the poo is a great suggestion Moominhapa. Does anyone have a less drying experience with ketoconazole versus pyrithione zinc? This I read was interesting http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...dding-and.html
    I've tried shampoos with both of those ingredients, and I don't remember noticing a difference in how drying they were. I do, however, remember that I was really disappointed with the ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) because it didn't do ANYTHING for my dandruff, and it's supposed to be the strongest one! But I never had much luck with dandruff shampoos in general, and everyone is different. I wonder if you could CO with a dandruff conditioner? I've never tried that, but hm...

bear of vry little brains x0h_bother's Avatar
    Length
    SL 07/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Hmm interesting thank you, I will consider co with the dandruff shampoo. I put the conditioner on my ends today before shampooing and I think it helped. I figured out that it's the vinegar rinse that is making my hair fall out so badly, not the SLS shampoo. It did it again today, and although my hair loves the shine, I have my longest pieces of hair falling out! So I'm stopping using the vinegar rinse, and going back to the pyrithione zinc shampoo for clarifying, and then using the normal SLS shampoo otherwise. However, I mentioned to my mother about Nizoral because of our Monistat antifungal thread, and I said I would buy it and see if it will help her dandruff plus thinning/balding hair. Hopefully Ketoconazole will help the balding/thinning even if it doesn't help the dandruff. I'll probably post on the results after getting it. Thank you everyone!

bear of vry little brains x0h_bother's Avatar
    Length
    SL 07/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by x0h_bother View Post
    Hmm interesting thank you, I will consider co with the dandruff shampoo.
    oops! conditioner