Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Do ACV Rinse?

Length
    28"/36"/term
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default How To Do ACV Rinse?

I've read alot about ACV rinse but I have a few questions.

What does an ACV rinse do for your hair?

I have TB length, fairly thick 3Aish hair...would this work for me?

How do you do it? I know that it's mixed with water but do you apply and then rinse again with plain water or just leave it on?

What's a good ratio? I hear 50/50 alot, but is that just for certain hair types or everyone?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: How To Do ACV Rinse?

Hi

An ACV rinse will smooth down the cuticle and add shine..it's fairly conditioning. What I do is add 2tbs of ACV to 2 cups of water....if you feel that is too much, just use 1tbs ACV per 2 cups of water. I have a bottle in the shower. Before I get in, I'll add the ACV and right at the end, I'll add the water to the bottle and pour it over my hair, let sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse off. For extra shine, you may do a cool water rinse.

50/50 may be way too harsh and may make hair feel oily.

Length
    19/29.5/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I use very diluted ACV- say, a tablespoon or less in a pint of water- and I use it after every wash. After washing and conditioning, I pour the ACV-water through my hair and over my scalp. I leave it on for a while, and then rinse it out with cool water. It makes my hair shinier.

2 tablespoons to 32oz of warm water. I lean over the sink and pour this over my head. The first time I used 32oz of ACV....lol. Misread/misunderstood directions.

Acid rinses are especially important for those of us who use a soap-based washing method. If you use a conventional shampoo or conditioner for washing you might not feel the benefit of a vinegar rinse.

I use a 1:20 ratio - 50ml white vinegar in a 1l pitcher, and fill that up with warm tap water. My water is quite soft. If you have harder water you might want to up the vinegar. 50:50 sounds a bit much, though.

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
    2 tablespoons to 32oz of warm water. I lean over the sink and pour this over my head. The first time I used 32oz of ACV....lol. Misread/misunderstood directions.
    omg you really did that? i used like 2 tablespoons once in 2 cups of water and my hair turned out HORRIBLE.god these hair experiments are hilarious sometimes

About the ACV rinse..what worked for me was 2 teaspoons in a large amount of water...i dont know how much was it i just filled this large bowl and added the ACV.Really dont underestimate that small amount of ACV..you dont really need alot of it to do the trick.

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
    Reminds me of last weekend when I added ACV to my henna to help cover grays. I didn't know how much, so I added 1/4 cup. MISTAKE.

I haven't done an ACV rinse yet because I wasn't sure about the amount of ACV. I'll make sure I use the minimum, lol.
    January 2012

Length
    28"/36"/term
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Thanks so much for the great advice. I'm so glad I asked! I thought for sure that I had read 50/50. Now I don't know where I read that..lol. I guess that would have been...um...interesting...
    I do a CWC weekly and then CO only once or twice during the rest of the week, depending on how my scalp is feeling.

I was a little afraid to try it, thinking that maybe it wouldn't be good for curlies.

Length
    CHN/APL/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I did ACV rinse tonight, I did a generous dash of ACV in a pitcher of water and poured it over my head...but for some reason I didn't rinse it very much, I thought the dillution would make it rise well. I smell kind of ACV-ish right now but I don't think it will hurt my hair.
    Loving my curls and looking to grow as far as I can go.

Length
    3-14i/38/44 in
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Talking Re: How To Do ACV Rinse?

I'm a curly and I love ACV rinses!!! it makes my hair soft and smooth and slippery.
    I use the same approximate dilution as most of the other posters, i usually just eyeball it, a small splash in a bowl of water, and then swish it around and dunk my hair in it and let it sit for a minute, then pour it over my head and let that sit another minute, then rinse well to get rid of the smell, which i've never had an issue with.
    i have heard of some people who put the acv in their hair before they condition, but i have not tried this yet....