This is a bit embarrassing for a newbie... but IŽve looked in the search function and havnŽt been able to find anything. I have long curly bushy thick hair... please help!

About 3 months ago I had a lice scare. I saw these light balls attached to my hair near the ends and freaked out and washed my hair out with lice shampoo. The funny thing is that I didn't see *a single louse* when I showered. Nothing. Besides, my hair doesnŽt itch, and the bumps where near the ends. My hair in general is scraggly and dry, with split ends... but its shiny. Except where there are these spots. I started doing the conditioner only cleansing, now IŽm shampooing about once a week and only near the scalp. I also use leave in combing cream and linseed-honey hair gel (purchased)

I remember when I was a child and had lice, that I could actually see the lice, and the nits were something I could pull out of the hair and pop between the nails. This time, however, the bumps refuse to budge from the shaft, even if I get the hair strand individually with my nails. Looked up close, they are more or less colored the same as the rest of my hair, but not well enough to not be seen.

They are also not anywhere near my scalp, they are located at about 6 inches from my scalp all the way to my ends.

I searched online and found this:
http://www.headlice.org/faq/notnit.htm

It could be that I have DEC plugs... it does match with the symptoms... however, I havenŽt been able to find ANYTHING about removing or getting rid of them.

They are also very difficult to photograph, but I wanted to show you guys how they look.

The pictures is bit and I apologize... For the picture I used a magnifying glass and macro setting on my camera over my hair and took a picture of that, the bumps can be seen around the light bulb's reflection. They look like beads and specks.

Please, please help. Has anyone had this? Am I just being delusional and they are nits? Will I have to cut off my 27 inch long hair? What on earth is going on with my hair?