Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much msm is safe to take?

Default how much msm is safe to take?

going to start taking msm

does it break people out first off?

secondly I'm slim/medium build, 5'7 and young so I'm wondering how much MSM I should take for benefits of hair growth and skin ect

do I need to take anything else with the msm ?

Length
    TBL/APL/WSL

Default Re: how much msm is safe to take?

Quote Originally Posted by SophieSpector View Post
    going to start taking msm

does it break people out first off?

secondly I'm slim/medium build, 5'7 and young so I'm wondering how much MSM I should take for benefits of hair growth and skin ect

do I need to take anything else with the msm ?
    So funny you posted this right after my post about prenatal vitamins. I"m curious to see what people write/suggest. I'm just learning about MSM.

I'm also watching your post aswell

Type
    1b/M/C/i/ii

i started taking msm just over a month ago. And am blown away by the results!! 4cm (1.5inches) growth in one month woohoo!!

The first thing i noticed was increased nail growth, and hair elsewhere on my body...having to shave my armpits every 2 days instead of once a week! My eyelashes also grew much much longer.

I brought msm tablets from healthspan in the uk, they ship internationally, reasonably priced and it is the purest form of msm available (optimsm)
    http://www.healthspan.co.uk/Perfect-...-c3193433.aspx

Im a 5'4 and 50kgs so a pretty small frame..

I started out taking 3 tablets a day which is 2400mg and had absolutely no nasty side effects. I am very acne prone (to the point i had to take roaccutane a few years back) and did not get a single break out.

My dad also started taking msm - though purely for the joint/arthritis benefits (he is diabetic so cant take glucosamine) and he too has noticed rapidly increased hair and nail growth - so i daresay that on its own it will make a noticable difference.

Im also taking hair formula 37.

Hope this helps a bit!

meant to say also that the recomended dose on the package is 3 tablets a day, so i started with that.

if you are worried, then start with 2 tabs a day.

Apparently it is more effective if taken in separate doses, so i take one tab morning, noon and night.
    Last edited by SilverLocks; April 1st, 2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Merge posts

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I have been taking 8000mg a day for the last 3 months. I started taking it because of my severe arthritis. But one of the benefits is quick nail growth and hair growth. Also my arthritis pain way relieved in less than 3 days.HTH
    P.S. Forgot to tell you my skin is also in better condition.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    This was so helpful, I am going to buy a 240 pack sometime this month.

Length
    14"/24"/31"WL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

You can't take too much MSM. Once your body gets its fill, it flushes out the rest!
    I take 3 capsuls a day which adds up to 3000mg =]] I've had no bad side effects

Goals: SL 17" -> APL 21" -> BSL 26" -> MBL 28" -> WL 31"

Length
    29/39/?
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've recently bought MSM here http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-MSM
    I hope i could test it soon

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

When I was researching for my article on supplements I came to the conclusion that sources that don’t try to sell you MSM recommend a dose of no higher than 2000 mg per day
    Also be aware that many members on this forum has personally had problems with depression linked to using MSM

Length
    TBL/APL/WSL

Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    i started taking msm just over a month ago. And am blown away by the results!! 4cm (1.5inches) growth in one month woohoo!!

The first thing i noticed was increased nail growth, and hair elsewhere on my body...having to shave my armpits every 2 days instead of once a week! My eyelashes also grew much much longer.

I brought msm tablets from healthspan in the uk, they ship internationally, reasonably priced and it is the purest form of msm available (optimsm)
    http://www.healthspan.co.uk/Perfect-...-c3193433.aspx

Im a 5'4 and 50kgs so a pretty small frame..

I started out taking 3 tablets a day which is 2400mg and had absolutely no nasty side effects. I am very acne prone (to the point i had to take roaccutane a few years back) and did not get a single break out.

My dad also started taking msm - though purely for the joint/arthritis benefits (he is diabetic so cant take glucosamine) and he too has noticed rapidly increased hair and nail growth - so i daresay that on its own it will make a noticable difference.

Im also taking hair formula 37.

Hope this helps a bit!

meant to say also that the recomended dose on the package is 3 tablets a day, so i started with that.

if you are worried, then start with 2 tabs a day.

Apparently it is more effective if taken in separate doses, so i take one tab morning, noon and night.
    Thanks for the info--I'll check out the site.