Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Auburn Pride!

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thumbs up Auburn Pride!

So xoxophelia started a fun thread for those whose colour isn't brown and isn't blonde, and I thought we could do with a thread for those of us who have a no-man's-land colour between brown and red.

We aren't true redheads -- but we aren't brunettes either! You might call your hair auburn, or copper, or chestnut, or titian. You might consider your hair to be a brown that happens to be reddish, or a red that happens to be brownish. But as ambiguous as it may be, it is beautiful!

I'm apparently ginger enough that people decided to hug me on "hug a ginger" day, but my hair looks brown in photos. I've been told "your hair isn't red -- it's definitely brown" just as firmly as I've been told the exact opposite! Those who feel they fit into this group, please come and share your photos and stories and PRIDE in this colour here

my hair looking extremely brown ...

my hair in more natural lighting ...

definitely redder on my damaged ends than my healthy roots ...

and apologies for very drunken, very unflattering photo. But this is the only photo-with-flash I have right now ...

(I actually have a photo-with-flash where it turned out a BRIGHT orange colour, but I can't find it!)

Who wants to join in? Please, like the blonette thread, no bashing this colour.
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Auburn Pride!

I have brown hair with natural red tints but i put henna on it, but i just wanted to say freckles your hair is glorious.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    I have brown hair with natural red tints but i put henna on it, but i just wanted to say freckles your hair is glorious.
    you just made me real-life blush, bunzfan! Thank you for a lovely compliment!
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Pretty hair ladies! I have also had people call me redhead (which I think is just wishful thinking on their part!!! .. i swear some people are more color blind than they realize)

I am definitely not auburn but it is a pretty color that dye boxes seem to have issues getting right.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    12"/23"/36.5"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I'm a dark auburn
    Definitely not a ginger auburn, more like burnished copper appliance auburn.
    I do henna glosses now, so it's far more prevalent than it naturally would be (at least in the sunlight, inside, it looks identical to how it looked before I started the glosses.)
    C'mon, GROW!

ChinShoulderAPLBSL✻Waist✻Hip✻Tailbone

Account Closed by Member Request

Just stopping by to say that your gorgeous natural hair colors are the reason why I henna.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Auburn as well But I appear to be going darker... I like to enhance it with henna... But i'm getting tired of henna. Attempting to colour everything darker this weekend and just grow my roots
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Sign me in! I've always called my hair 'auburn'. It's not red (I wish!), but I don't want to call it just 'brown' either, because it does have red highlights! I've henna'ed twice over it because I really want redder hair, but I haven't got it nearly as red as I would like, so more experiments will soon follow. I like my auburn hair, though, I just want to experiment with more red highlights for a while
    My hair-colour... It could be called a medium brown with reddish highlights overall, but it varies a lot from roots to ends. At the roots, it's a darker brown with red highlights and a lot of blonde hair at my temples (yes, that's right). It gets a lighter medium brown down the length with highlights that are more coppery-blonde than true red and at the roots it's light brown with a lot of golden-copper highlights.

Some pics to illustrate my multiple-shaded auburn hair :

This is how my hair-colour looks indoors, more or less (with flash in this case). The copper highlights are much more obvious lit up by the Sun.

Coppery highlights under sunlight...In different angles or under evening sunlight it can look a bit redder. Indoors (especially at night) my hair can look really dark, though, dark brown even...Even with henna.

Natural colour under full sunlight...It can look redder depending on the angle, and the lighting.
    Last edited by SwordWomanRiona; March 29th, 2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Missing pics

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    So xoxophelia started a fun thread for those whose colour isn't brown and isn't blonde, and I thought we could do with a thread for those of us who have a no-man's-land colour between brown and red.

We aren't true redheads -- but we aren't brunettes either! You might call your hair auburn, or copper, or chestnut, or titian. You might consider your hair to be a brown that happens to be reddish, or a red that happens to be brownish. But as ambiguous as it may be, it is beautiful!

I'm apparently ginger enough that people decided to hug me on "hug a ginger" day, but my hair looks brown in photos. I've been told "your hair isn't red -- it's definitely brown" just as firmly as I've been told the exact opposite! Those who feel they fit into this group, please come and share your photos and stories and PRIDE in this colour here

my hair looking extremely brown ...

my hair in more natural lighting ...

definitely redder on my damaged ends than my healthy roots ...

and apologies for very drunken, very unflattering photo. But this is the only photo-with-flash I have right now ...

(I actually have a photo-with-flash where it turned out a BRIGHT orange colour, but I can't find it!)

Who wants to join in? Please, like the blonette thread, no bashing this colour.
    I love your auburn hair, freckles! You're absolutely right, auburn hair's gorgeous! I think it's great how it looks redder in some photos, and then browner in others. Only, the red-hair-lover in me often wishes for 100% red hair ! But that's not bashing the colour at all .

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post

I've been told "your hair isn't red -- it's definitely brown" just as firmly as I've been told the exact opposite!
    Totally! Depending on the lighting my red tones come out or don't.

In the sun I look reddish:

In most pics and inside I look almost deep brown. Sorry about my weird pose.

I would love more red like our baby:

But I'm finally learning to love my own hair.