Page 996 of 1331 FirstFirst ... 496896946986994995996997998100610461096 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,960 of 13302

Thread: The braid picture thread

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The braid picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboo123 View Post
    WOW how did you dye your hair like this?
    I did it myself. I had 3 colors mixed with conditioner to dilute them some: a pink, a blue, and a turquoise. I slapped the pink over my natural roots and slightly past onto my bleached ends, then alternated the three colors on the ends (one small section at a time). Some sections were pink from root to tip, some were pink to just blue or turquoise, and some sections I switched colors a third time down the strand. (so pink-blue-pink, pink-turquoise-blue, etc). I used a mirror to see the back and basically added colors spontaneously, based on the colors of the strands around them (I didn't want my entire bottom left side of my head to be pink-to-blue, I wanted a mix ya'know?) Here's a 'processing shot'. I think I also talked about how I did it a little bit in the ISO colorful longhairs thread, in early July.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wispe View Post
    I did it myself. I had 3 colors mixed with conditioner to dilute them some: a pink, a blue, and a turquoise. I slapped the pink over my natural roots and slightly past onto my bleached ends, then alternated the three colors on the ends (one small section at a time). Some sections were pink from root to tip, some were pink to just blue or turquoise, and some sections I switched colors a third time down the strand. (so pink-blue-pink, pink-turquoise-blue, etc). I used a mirror to see the back and basically added colors spontaneously, based on the colors of the strands around them (I didn't want my entire bottom left side of my head to be pink-to-blue, I wanted a mix ya'know?) Here's a 'processing shot'. I think I also talked about how I did it a little bit in the ISO colorful longhairs thread, in early July.
    The braid itself is impressive enough, but combined with the colors... wow, just wow. I love love love the choice of colors, they’re so sweet, and the way the colors swirl together, it reminds me of mother-of-pearl. Do you happen to have a photo of your hair when worn loose?
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Wow what beautiful braids ...mine are so puny lol
    Wispe...those colors

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboo123 View Post
    The braid itself is impressive enough, but combined with the colors... wow, just wow. I love love love the choice of colors, they’re so sweet, and the way the colors swirl together, it reminds me of mother-of-pearl. Do you happen to have a photo of your hair when worn loose?
    Of these colors worn loose, unfortunately not many. My hair is almost always up because the bleached parts are damaged, so aside from length shots I mainly have updo photos. Here is one of the only times I wore it 'down' and took pictures of it. Here it was when it had been a few weeks faded. I only kept the color for about a month before I went back to an overall pink, as pink just feels more my color. I tend to post more pictures on my hair instagram otherwise I drop into threads every now and then with pictures.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    Wow what beautiful braids ...mine are so puny lol
    Wispe...those colors
    Thank you GG!
    Last edited by wispe; November 19th, 2017 at 09:24 PM.

Account Closed by Member Request

Wispe always how lovely.

Length
    32/35/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you Beeboo, Suze and Tatsu.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Here's my attempt at a five strand braid (hairstyle of the month). I've never done it before, but my fingers managed to get the hang of it

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/SL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Here's my attempt at a five strand braid (hairstyle of the month). I've never done it before, but my fingers managed to get the hang of it

This is serious hair inspo. love how even all the strands are!

WC - LOC - air dry - benign neglect

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NightSister View Post
    This is serious hair inspo. love how even all the strands are!
    Thank you! The hardest part was actually to get five strands of the same size

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post

Wow ! Great job - it looks beautiful !
    Life is too short - Embrace each day for the gift that it is