Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Does anyone prefer head coverings?

Length
    25/42/45+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Does anyone prefer head coverings?

I wore Israeli tichels similar to the ones at CoverYourHair for two years while living in a Messianic/Christian type community, and it felt so much more natural being covered. The tichels are super soft and comfortable, and you don't even have to tie them, they stay on tight without making a knot.

Length
    chin/TB/knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Does anyone prefer head coverings?

Quote Originally Posted by kira33 View Post
    I wore Israeli tichels similar to the ones at CoverYourHair for two years while living in a Messianic/Christian type community, and it felt so much more natural being covered. The tichels are super soft and comfortable, and you don't even have to tie them, they stay on tight without making a knot.
    I'm in love with the Israeli style tichels too! (http://www.coveryourhair.com/israeliTichelIndex.html) I've been wearing a bandanna around the house to protect during housework/life. The standard style bandanna is getting way too small and I need an alternative, and I've been dying to try a tichel.

I'm not religious (in any way at all) but covering my hair appeals to me for hair integrity protection purposes. Keeping my hair covered even part of the time has resulted in noticeably less breakage and damage.

I started to cover my hair at the gym (where I DEFINITELY dont want male attention, or hair damage for that matter) in addition to long, loose clothing. I noticed that with my hair covered, the men at the gym will go out of their way to avoid staring/eye contact. It's really nice to be able to workout in peace.

I'd love to get up the guts to cover in other places, like the grocery store. But as I said I'm not religious, and I wouldn't want to offend anyone who did cover for religious reasons. Any thoughts for me from those who cover religiously? Many thanks
    “Genius is nothing more nor less than childhood recovered at will.” ~ Charles Baudelaire