Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how do "bent ends" occur and how can I prevent theb?

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: how do "bent ends" occur and how can I prevent theb?

Quote Originally Posted by julliams View Post
    This is a very interesting find. I have been cutting mine off. I can tell the difference between ones that have been caused by updos because those are of varying lengths and bent weirdly and the angle is not straight. The ones I think you are referring to are like at a perfect angle and about 3 mm long? That's what mine are. I will try the conditioner approach and see how that works for me.

What do you mean right angle? Mine were at different lenghts but the angles were pretty defined and sharp. The hairs were realy bent in those places, not curved or anything. Any they woudn't go away with just water. i think I will have to pay extra attention to this section of my hair.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

In my experience, there are two types of bent ends. One type is only gone when you cut it off, while the other type is gone after a wash.

mermaid in training

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by naereid View Post
    In my experience, there are two types of bent ends. One type is only gone when you cut it off, while the other type is gone after a wash.

I suppose I had the first ones, althought still a sharper angle than that. Is that the right word? But they didn't go away with just water. Like I said, I did an overnight conditioning treatment. I had one of the second type if I think about it. That one broke off so I didn't even consider it like anything else than incomplete breakage (it completed fairly qickly, just by holding the hair). Unless all of mine were second type and broke off while the conditioner was on ??? The bent ends are still a riddle to me.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I just meant that the ones from updos aren't straight on me - they are bent like curved. The bent ends that I thought were damage are like a straight angle - not necessarily a right angle but very straight after the initial bend. I'm not very good at explaining things so I hope I haven't totally confused everyone.

I just tried making my own "bent end" and I managed right away and then smoothed it out right away. Perhaps I'm wrong - perhaps they are all correctable.

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I was just able to take a photo of a bent end that I thought was damage. I cut it off to take the picture and then lost it so I can't test if it can be unbent (bugger@$#%#). But anyway, here it is

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

It seems like something I had. Let me know if you try with conditioner.