Thread: Garlic Treatment

Default Garlic Treatment

Does anyone know about this? I saw a few YouTube videos that said this was basically olive oil and garlic.. marinate some time between a few hours and 2 weeks, apply generously and let sit (again it varies) between 15 minute and overnight, then shampoo and continue as normal.

Is this good? Is it worthwhile? Is it really for shedding? If so, how does it work?

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Garlic Treatment

oh i know about this.gralic is very famous for stopping shedding.but the recipe i read and used once was using a couple of whole garlic cloves in coconut oil and some conditioner i think and blend them all in a blender till the garlic is completely "mashed up"..then put it for couple of minutes in the microwave to warm them up and let them infuse together.then apply it mainly to ur scalp then ur hair..i think they said leave it 2 hours-over night.pretty much everyone who tried it had very good experience with it.personally..i baught some garlic oil and used it as an oil treatment overnight only once.helped me ALOOOOOT!! but the smell is sickening to be honest..i just wore several scarves at the same time bcause i didnt want to dilute it.but i think it's really really worth it.you can get the same results by using a conditioner with garlic extract like alter ego.or maybe by boiling several garlic cloves and onions and use their extract on ur hair? i know alot of women who use this extract in their henna and they say its really great..i dont know how it'll be using it alone thou.

onion too? really.. this is getting awfully stinky!

that is good to know, I've been having an awful time with shedding and i used this. it seemed to help but honestly I wasn't sealing my hair after moisturizing (had no idea!), but started doing that and saw a great improvement. I was considering doing the garlic treatment again, to see if there would be any difference the second time around. Thank you so much for this testimonial, I'm encouraged about it.

so is garlic a protein or moisturizer? or is it vitamins in it?

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

ehm im not sure actually,but i guess its the vitamins in it.btw did you try garlic supplements? they are kind of popular for helping stop shedding but less messy and without the smell.also ive been taking biotin for the past month to increase my growth (didnt notice much diffrence) but im certain that shedding decreased alot,there were other posts as well of biotin decreasing shedding.

oh thanks, I hadn't thought about taking biotin but I'll look into it. I haven't gotten supplements b/c it's just more money and we already had fresh garlic.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I haven't heard of this treatment before. Pew! I've been using garlic alot in the last 3 weeks for an ear infection and am very over the smell. I think your brave putting it on your hair.

Garlic has strong antibacterial properties so I suspect that it is helping your scalp and follicles grow healthier and thus stronger and killing of any fungus or other growth inhibiting things that most of us have on our scalps to some degree. Garlic also promotes circulation another scalp plus.

It is not protein. It may be a humectant (moisturising, drawing in water) but I don't think so.

I can understand the benefit to the scalp but I wonder about the hair (length). . . but it is amazing stuff and certainly wouldn't hurt.