Thread: Organic Condish for CO-washing?

Length
    15/14/35
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Organic Condish for CO-washing?

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've tried my best to find answers in this forum but to no avail. So here goes:

I know that many of you pretty people here use VO5 or Suave conditioners for CO washing, but I don't know if anyone uses organic, paraben-free conditioners, and if they do, are there any recommendations?

I use Giovanni's Deep Treatment but it's waaaay too rich and left my scalp flaky and my ends too slippery and a little greasy to the touch, plus when my hair was damp it was smelly. I don't want to use anything with parabens in them and I'm not sure if Suave or VO5 have parabens?

I have 1a/f/i-ii hair that's color-treated along most of the length and virgin roots, slightly oily scalp (or oily only because it's more obvious on my hair) but able to stretch 3 days between shampoos. But shampoos make my roots all tangled and it hurts to wet comb so I was hoping CO could help.

So please give me your recommendations for inexpensive organic conditioners!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Organic Condish for CO-washing?

Hello joiekimochi I would diffidently use Aubrey Organics if you don't want to make your own herbal hair care recipe. Here is a link. I have totally different hair then yours but I know a lot of people here also use AO that have oily hair. Here is a link and you can usually buy the AO in a health care store or online.HTH
    http://www.aubrey-organics.com/custom.aspx?id=23

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Suave and VO5 are paraben free, but not fragrance free and not free of other preservatives, but that's the case with a lot of "natural" brands. I like Alaffia, their everyday shea might be good for CO washing. It's moisturizing though, and it might be too much. Shea and honey is their other conditioner I use and it's very rich. I also like soap based products in general.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Length
    25/?/38-39
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Angry Re: Organic Condish for CO-washing?

i wish more people had posted on this thread

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Aubreys Organics is good, so is Avalon Organics. Aubrey's is the most "natural" of the two though. I don't know if Burts Bees is organic or not, but it's widely available and a good natural choice. Check out a store like Whole Foods, New Seasons, or Trader Joes if there are any near you.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.