Thread: The Duggar Girls

Default The Duggar Girls

I love watching that family on TV. I especially love their girls' hair. Does anyone know if their hair is naturally curly? I know some of the girls have straight hair, but the ones that have curly hair makes me pretty envious...

Length
    33/33/class
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Duggar Girls

i loved that show! Haven't seen it in forever, but I do remember them doing an episode on how the family saves money. They showed that the older girls do perm their own hair. I don't know if all the girls with curly hair perm it, but a few of them do. i think I remember them talking about how they have a relative that does it for them, but they are definitely home perms
    Lady Grainne
    Handmaiden to the Goddess Morrigan
    In the Order of the Long Haired Nights

Oh I love that show. I think all the girls have pretty long hair on there. Even the mom's hair is soft looking. I wish in a future show they would talk about their haircare and what they use, etc.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I've seen them both using home perms and heat straighteners on the show. So no, it's not natural.
    I am opting out of the "Friends" system. All requests will be declined.
    Ursula's Standard Newbie Advice
    Ezekiel 23:20

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Home perms, straighteners, blow dryers, lots of hair spray, curling irons and I suspect (given the home perm use) home hair coloring. Several at least have very fried looking hair to me, blech. But I can't watch the show, so I'm not that current.

Eek! no home perming for me, lol. I tried that as a teenager and fried my hair to kingdom come. And my pesky hair STILL didn't curl like I had hoped it would! I just love the girl's ringlets, they don't look fried to me. I also hope they talk about hair care in a future episode.

Length
    19ish/Hip/term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I watch at lest an hour of this show a day and often wondered why they always wear it down ? I would love to see them do buns or sticks or both.
    ☼ Lady Saule, Spinner of Sunlight in the Order of Long Haired Knights ☼
    LHC: The Few .. The Proud ..The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    24"/30"/45"
    Type
    1b/F/i

I really like that show too. I'm not Christian, but I really really respect their view/way of life, particularly regarding Modesty. I really identify with the idea of women being able to be beautiful without flashing their (use your imagination)s. It kind of bothers me that in general if you try to explain your choice to dress modestly, people will automatically assume it's for religious reasons.

I am Christian, and I do dress modestly, but not for religious reasons. I was a pretty conservative dresser even when I wasn't Christian. I love that they stick firm to their beliefs, but at the same time, they aren't shoving it down everyone's throat, so to speak.

I also wonder why they always wear their hair down. I've seen some of the girl's put it up into a ponytail, and the "middle" girl wears hers in braids a lot, but the older girls always seem to have it down.