Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Comments or Thoughts on Horsetail for Hair Growth*

Length
    15 in/17 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default *Comments or Thoughts on Horsetail for Hair Growth*

Hello everyone! Just thought I would get some thoughts on Horsetail. I had never heard of it until browsing through the posts today. It apparently adds silica to the hair, which helps with hair growth (and shine). I don't know too much about it, but figured my fellow hair~lovers would be able to help me I know that it is extracted from a natural plant, but just want to make sure that I don't consider something that may have an adverse effect. Let me know what you guys think... TIA!!
    *Happy Growing*

Length
    SHLDR/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: *Comments or Thoughts on Horsetail for Hair Growth*

Do you mean shampoo and conditioner that's meant for horses? Apparently Jennifer Anniston uses that!

Length
    SL-28/36/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

It's a plant, I just started taking a mulitivitamin that horsetail in it. So I haven't seen any effects yet.

I'll assume Jennifer Aniston uses Mane&Tail which is a product for both horses and people. I use to use it, and I really liked it. Cept the smell was funky, but still not bad. Maybe I'm just thinking of the way it smells on horses.

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

My Indian friend used to swear by Mane and Tail Shampoo, but she had coarse very thick hair!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

JASON Henna Hi-Lights contains horsetail, and i have a silica supplement that contains it too.....i do keep forgetting to take the pills though. I've never had a problem either with internal use or topical, but i know that on some threads here there has been some concern about its safety.
    Personally i tend to be quite easy going about those things though and as it has quite a long history of use i figured it was worth taking a gamble.
    If it's silica you want there is a thread about diatomaceous earth (sp?) over on the mane forum.....i warn you, its REALLY long, i've not read all of it yet but spent hours getting about half way through lol. But that contains silica and people seem to be having excellent results with it.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    15 in/17 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

That is what I thought at first, kind of like a 'Mane & Tail'. But apparently it is a supplement as well as a topical product. I am confused. LOL! I'm not sure... But I don't like taking too many vitamins and supplements, as I already take a multi-vitamin and vitamin D everyday. I like to do a lot of research before I consider adding something else to that list, so like I mentioned before I do not have a negative result from it.. So, I figured maybe some of you have had first hand experience with it ...
    *Happy Growing*

*This post was directed to the beginning of my thread before you all responded with info..* Thanks!!
    Last edited by *girlypearl*; March 18th, 2010 at 07:54 AM.

Account Closed by Member Request

Horsetail is very good for the hair. It contains silica to strengthen the hair.

Length
    12/33/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I have horsetail- it's sold dry in a bag to make tea with. if you have a Price Rite in your area, that's where I got it. I put it on my hair, I don't drink it. lol
    current:hip 33"
    1st goal: waist 32"
    2nd goal tailbone 37" (40'' wet)

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I use horsetail both externally and internally. I use it in homemade shampoos and rinses, and internally in a tincture with other helpful herbs. I haven't been using it long enough to notice its effects though. It seems to be in just about every quality non-synthetic shampoo!

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I take horsetail and it took mt growth from 1/2 inch to 1 inch . I have not had any adverse side effects at all. My only complaint is that the pills are big and hard to swallow so I have to open the capsules and put the powder in juice but I suck at swallowing pills in general. I have heard that horsetail has small amounts of nicotine in it but it dosen't seem to have any effect as long as you only take the reccomended amount. Overall, I would reccomend it!