Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peppers for hair growth??

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Exclamation Peppers for hair growth??

So, I called a taxi today to get home from school and had a very interesting conversation with the unusually friendly taxi driver. I don't remember how the topic came up but I mentioned that I was trying to grow my hair. He mentioned that back where he was from (northern Africa) women boosted hair growth by putting red peppers in their hair. Apparently the peppers increase circulation significantly leading to faster hair growth. It seems to make sense to me and its worth a shot! Has anyone else heard of this or tried anything like it??

Length
    16/32-34/42
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Peppers for hair growth??

hmmm never heard of it but it does make sense that a pepper would stimulate circulation and eventually bring about faster hair growth...
    I'm really tempted to try this, too bad we don't have any red peppers in the fridge...
    "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him"1 Corinthians 2:9

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

So do you know if we are supposed to use fresh or dried? And I'm assuming you make some sort of mash right? Is anything else supposed to be added to this mash? Also, did he say bell peppers or hot peppers? I'll try it this weekend with maybe some olive oil or coconut oil, why not.

Account Closed by Member Request

Basically peppers have what is called 'Capsaicin' that produces histamine hormone that aids in hair follicle production.

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

He said red bell pepper or hot pepper pastes would work. I assume the hotter peppers would increase circulation more. I have some cayanne pepper flakes in the kitchen but I will probobly start with a less extreme pepper first.

Length
    3 in/26 in/48 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Be very careful not to sweat!!!!

so your watching over me huh?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by little_cherry View Post
    Basically peppers have what is called 'Capsaicin' that produces histamine hormone that aids in hair follicle production.
    That, also anything hot that you put on the scalp will make it flush blood to the skin which is said to promote growth because you lead more nutrition to the follicles

Length
    9in/20in/3ft
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Heres a recipe i use once a week. Take peppers fresh or fresh ginger, and take plain vodka, soak them together for about two weeks, then strain the vodka in to a glass. Rub vodka on scalp, you can mix it with a scalp friendly oil if you like, I use almond or argan. If you use oil in the mix, rinse the next morning when you apply it at night. Or you can rinse it a little later if you think it might be too moisturizing for your scalp. Do not sweat and be very careful not to get in your eyes. I can't say if it really works, it seems to for me, either way I like how my scalp feels now.

Length
    20 in/27 in/40 in
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Oil with whole black pepper boiled in it used to be my grandma's favorite.She had knee length hair.
    My dream hair -Indian & virgin

Length
    ~15"/47"/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

It might be worth noting that capsaicin is the chemical that makes peppers hot. It will burn you in high concentrations. In low quantities (mild peppers) it'll tingle a bit. The hotter the pepper, the more it'll burn. If you want a comparison of what peppers will give you how much tingling, check out the Scoville Scale, especially that rating list (third thing on the TOC).

But it will definitely up your circulation. You just need to figure out what amount will work for you.

And be careful not to get it into your eyes.
    CLASSIC!