Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural/Homemade Root Lifters/Volumizers?

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Natural/Homemade Root Lifters/Volumizers?

I'm trying to find a whole bunch of recipes to replace chemical-filled products. I have fairly flat hair. When I had used products, I had this root lifter cream by Got2B I think and it worked amazingly! I mean, it actually worked! I never thought it would, haha.

So now I'm trying to think of things that I can combine to give me a bit of a lift.

Aloe vera gel of course, but are there any things that might work to help?

Anything other than aloe vera gel?

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Natural/Homemade Root Lifters/Volumizers?

clip your hair up at the roots while drying, with some gentle product put in to your damp hair first. Depending on how your hair grows you might want to experiment with clipping the front back, the back forward, etc.

I see your hair is listed as 1a. You can be grateful that you have the possibility of getting smooth hair. Those of us who have 'root volume' are very often not happy with it! The grass is always greener....!
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I use a mister filled with distilled water and some drops of hydrolyzed wheat proteine and ceratine each (I order them at a shop for cosmetic raw materials). The proteine makes my hair stronger and a bit stiffer.

When I feel I need more volume, I add a bit of dead sea salt to the mixture. My hair likes sea salt but not everybody's does. Maybe your hair would prefer honey - it also makes the hair look a bit fuller.

Going no-cone was the biggest factor in getting more volume, though. I used to be addicted to styling products containing alcohol. Since I stopped the vicious circle some years ago, my hair has become much stronger and fuller.
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I would suggest getting large rollers (the biggest they haveat target for example) and just putting them into your somehwat damp hair on only the top of all over. I have recently done this and it gives that blow dried look.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

As far as "products " to try flax seed gel or other mucilaginous things might be worth a shot. I like aubreys B-5 design gel for doing wet set curles and bun waves it might work as a root lifter if you put it on damp and blowdried (on warm or cool) upside down. Other that the flipping and clipping technique already mentioned thats about alli can think of for the moment. I have thin baby fine hair and no matter what ive used chemical or naural nothing gives me lift so i have just settled into living with flat hair. Though ironically going mostly WO has given me more lift in the front, not the back unfortunatly its as flat as always . Oh another thing to try when i did cassia even though it alone didnt give me massive results volume wise it was deffinatly a booster to other efforts . Good luck!

Something that's also worked for me is letting my hair air-dry with a different part in it than the one I actually wear. (ie, for me I'll let my hair dry with a center part, and then flip it to a side part once it's fully dry.) I got the idea from someone here (can't remember who!) and it gives me about as much volume as I'm going to get.

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Thanks! I'll be trying some of these.

I made my own hairspray last night and used it today. It turned out pretty good. I'm trying a couple new things for my hair and skin so I'm excited.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

For awhile there I was using cocoa powder as a dry shampoo and that gave me alot of body and volume. I also got totally buzzed from the caffeine.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Length
    20/30/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

This does help ! I recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Danger View Post
    Something that's also worked for me is letting my hair air-dry with a different part in it than the one I actually wear. (ie, for me I'll let my hair dry with a center part, and then flip it to a side part once it's fully dry.) I got the idea from someone here (can't remember who!) and it gives me about as much volume as I'm going to get.

Account Closed by Member Request

You can bun your hair on top of your head..that's always worked for me.