Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Why'd you pick your goal length?

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Cl+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Why'd you pick your goal length?

Initially I picked waist because I've been close to it before but never there. Then after about a year here at LHC, I began to think "well, maybe hip would be fun...or TBL...or classic...ooooohh, classic.."

Now, the only thing I know for sure is that I'll keep growing once I hit waist. I've never had hair that long before so I guess I'll grow until it's unmanageable, then cut back to whatever feels right. Although if I could grow to classic and be able to handle it...that would seriously be awesome.
    Pixie...Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist...Hip...Tailbone...Classic

Length
    APL/APL/BSL
    Type
    3c/F/ii

I picked BSL over Waist or TBL as my goal so that I won't be disappointed. At least I'll still have reached one goal.
    I've never had "long" hair, but occasionally a family member will say something like, "How long your hair is!" --even though it's not.
    Not at all.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I originally picked waist length as my goal, because I felt that waist length is long but still attainable. After I hit waist I realised I didn't quite like where it fell on me visually, so now I'm shooting for hip but in a much more relaxed way. I don't check my progress half as much as I used to before reaching waist.

If and when I ever actually reach hip, I might decide to go a bit longer still. Right now I don't think I'd go for hair long enough to sit on, because I think that's where hair goes from being long to being LONG, and probably needing a lot more maintenance than I'm willing to spend energy on. If it turns out I can benign neglect my way all the way down to knee, who knows what'll happen.

So I guess what I'm saying is I originally set myself a pretty arbitrary goal and now seem to have lost the ability to actually decide on one.

Length
    bob/27.5/hip??
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I originally picked bsl, because I've never had my hair that long, but LHC worked its magic and by the time I reached apl my goal had changed to waist. Waist is a length that I've always liked and I felt (and hoped!) that visually it would suit me. Lately however, I have been flirting with the idea of hip, so who knows...
    **shoulder**cbl**apl**BSL**waist**

Length
    28/40/42
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I thought TBL at first, but then decided that there would be more of a journey and challenge to classic. I know a few people with TBL hair, but haven't even met anyone at classic. Somehow, then, it feels particularly special. I'd been at waist without taper before, so I pretty much knew TBL would happen without much difficulty. Classic, though, might be more difficult to grow to.
    MBL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL - Classic

Length
    1/31/term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I just want to see how long it will grow for once.
    Lady Forvenniel, of Mysterious Lands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

When I as a kid I always told my mom I wanted my hair "down to my butt". Always. Probably from a princess on TV or something but it was always a "yea right" kind of thing lol and eventually I just forgot about it.
    So, when I got serious about growing my hair long it was a no-brainier for me

Length
    Chin/Hip+!/Class
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I picked classic because I've had long hair on and off for most of my life, but I want to see if I can get it to a length that feels really long to me. Lots of girls have Waist+ hair where I live, length doesn't get truly noticeable until about BCL-TBL.

Length
    Ears/APL/BCL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I originally picked waist, but then I realized that I wanted waist IN THE FRONT so I changed to hip length which will probably be closer to waist in the front. I'm afraid that longer will be too difficult to manage while I'm in the military with their strict hair-in-uniform policies, and have always seen waist in the front as being the most beautiful length (in my own opinion). Plus, it would be somewhere I would be happy to maintain while slowly cutting out old damage and bleach.
    Ear Length - Shoulder Length - Arm Pit Length - Mid Back Length - Waist Length -Hip Length- Butt Crack Length? Tailbone Length? No idea where I'll stop!

Length
    30/34/40
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Classic/fingertip because is the longest I've evere been in the past, and I want it back.
    I love longer lenghts on other people's hair, but I think to me would be too much difficult to handle when it goes past fingertips. But who knows, once there I could change my mind.