I have heard for the longest time that cutting your hair with phases of the moon will affect how your hair grows....for example....cutting it in one phase will induce thicker growth, another will induce longer growth, and the final will induce slower growth. Does anyone have any experience with this...and if you have, does it actually work I'm not one to believe in all the silly horoscope stuff...but I do know that the moon affects many things.

A quick google search produced this information from this website: http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm

For faster hair growth:

Trim ends during the New Moon or during the First Phase of the Moon when the light of the moon is increasing.

The best astrological signs for faster, longer and healthier hair is the New Moon in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces.

When possible start a hair growth program with the New Moon in one of the most beneficial signs. Start by trimming a tiny bit of hair from your ends during the New Moon or First Phase of the Waxing (increasing) Moon.

For Thicker:

Trim ends during the Full Moon especially when the Full Moon is in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces. The Full Moon in Leo is especially beneficial since Leo is the sign of the Lion which is born with a full lush mane.

And finally:
Have chemical applications (straightening, relaxing, color, perm) applied during the Moon in Aquarius for the absolute best results