Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting your hair and the moon

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: Cutting your hair and the moon

Imagining moon phases can affect hair growth seems very bizarre to me.
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

hehe...looks like I opened up a can of worms. It's really great to get all the opinions though. Personally...like I mentioned in the original post, I don't really believe in such silly nonsense, but I do believe that the moon has a certain effect on things. Not to mention, I am no creature of habit and would therefore fail quite miserably at the task of remembering exactly when I was supposed to trim.

Banned
    Length
    20 In/27 In/thigh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I use the Morocco method, but not always, depends on how my hair feels and what it needs. but i do try and follow this method. I mean if the moon affects everyone in some way, why would it not affect the hair?

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Maid of Astolat View Post
    For faster hair growth:

Trim ends during the New Moon or during the First Phase of the Moon when the light of the moon is increasing.

The best astrological signs for faster, longer and healthier hair is the New Moon in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame J View Post
    This thread and this thread will help, as will a search of "moon* phase*" in the Mane Forum. Also, Morrocco Method has up a more comprehensive chart of lunar hair care for this year here.
    I was inspired by this thread and those Madame J linked. I don't know if works, but sure is fun to plan! I want to limit my haircutting to maybe 2 to 4 times a year. Doing this I came up with these "good days" for growth and thickness for 2011: jan 18th (first quarter in cancer); april 10th (new moon in cancer); aug 6th (first quarter in scorpio) and nov 5th (first quarter in pisces).

This is where I learned what each phase does:
    http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html
    And when they'll be:
    http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/u...alendarMonth=0

Morrocco Method didn't really say much how it works, the other is zodiac for those who believe. My sun and lunar sign were right about me, so I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by Lianna; December 23rd, 2010 at 01:40 AM.

Length
    14/21/36
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Some peopel say that the moon affects women who give birth, but one doctor explained it like this to me.

The moon may affect you, but given the distance and how small you are, the wall in your room has just about as much affect on you as the moon does.
    175 hairstyles and counting while growing out my hair out for the third time.

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I guess it's not "just" about the moon anymore. Plus hair grows so slowly it doesn't need a "big impact" in lack of better words. Like I said, it's for those who believe in zodiac, I guess.

ETA: I actually liked that the other threads had a much better positive attitude than this one, I posted here because it was newer.

Maybe someone could combine them into one.
    Last edited by Lianna; December 23rd, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Type
    1a/M/ii

I'm planning to trim on February the 18, which is full moon in Leo.
    I don't believe in astrology, but I need to trim in February anyway, it will be a year since my last trim, and the 18 is friday (my wash day), so I thought why not?

This is one of those things you chose to believe in because its fun, not because you have expectations. I'm going to trim on Feb 18 because it forces me not to trim before that date.