Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burgundy Henna Recipe?

Length
    14"/39!!/40"+
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Burgundy Henna Recipe?

You might also try mixing in red wine for your liquid, or if you have some time, boiling down grape juice or using concentrate. Just be careful not to add too much as it may be drying, thats why I would boil it down...burns off the alcohol in the wine and concentrates it so you need less.
    Lady Dianceht, Adept of the Healing Ways in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "Cui flavam religas comam
    Simplex munditiis?"

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hi Norai I use to henna but I always end up with red orange. Hmmm thanks for explainning the ponytail method. Chotee thank you so much for the recipe. One question do you use just the skins of the beets or can you use the whole beet and juice after boiling it? Thank you lambhair for the tips. The idea of concentrated grape juice sounds like a good one. Have you ever used concentrated grape juice?
    Thanks again everyone for the great help on the recipe. Love to here anyone else suggestion. I think I have a great starting point.

Length
    14"/39!!/40"+
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Grape juice? I have tried it once or twice years ago, but now I am trying to get away from the purple tones and back to a more copper/chestnut color. Until recently, I often used red wine as a liquid. Seems we would always have a little leftover in a bottle after a spaghetti dinner and I would save that and toss it in the henna.
    Lady Dianceht, Adept of the Healing Ways in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "Cui flavam religas comam
    Simplex munditiis?"