Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the "Hair Survey (if you're bored)" Thread

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: Return of the "Hair Survey (if you're bored)" Thread

LHC name: zombi

Current hair length: APL

Goal hair length: Waist

When did you start growing your hair?: On and off my whole life, basically. I go through whims and cut it all off, regret it, then grow it back out. I'm hoping not to repeat that mistake again in the future....

What is your average monthly growth rate?: I actually don't know this.

Do you trim your hair, if so how often?: I go to a salon and have my hair trimmed every few months, whenever I think about it and feel like going -- or if the ends look particularly ragged.

What supplements do you take?: nothing for hair -- vitamin D for seasonal depression.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc?: I don't!

Do you do scalp massages?: When I put on megatek I do, otherwise, I don't unless my head is hurting.

What is your favourite shampoo?: Good question. I wish I had an HG shampoo. I'll let you know when I find it!

What is your favourite conditioner?: See above!

Favourite leave-in conditioner?: Nightblooming's Panacea

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment?: I really... haven't dabbled in these as much as I'd like to. I want to try SMT.

What are your favourite basic oils?: Monoi

What are your favourite essential oils?: Bergamot!!!!!

What is your favourite product of all time?: Dangit, I just don't know!

What is your least favourite product of all time?: Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner. Totally awful!

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc): Chemical dye

What do you like most about your hair?: It's shiny and soft

What do you like least about your hair?: It's thin

Do you colour your hair?: Henna/cassia

Do you clarify?: I clarify before every henna/cassia application

How often do you wash your hair?: about twice/week

How long does it take to dry?: Just an hour or two.

Do you prefer you hair up or down?: Up so I don't notice how short it is

What is your favourite updo?: crown braid

Bangs or no bangs?: I love them but my hair's too thin for the bangs I like

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to?: DiamondEyes

Do you keep a hair journal?: No

How many hairtoys do you own?: 4

What is your favourite hairtoy?: pair of Barreis sticks, apple wood

Brush or comb?: Comb

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc?: Rarely

Do you make/sell any hair care products?: nope

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought?: Shiseido Tsubaki Shining shampoo/conditioner -- haven't tried it yet!

What’s your favourite kind of cheese?: I can't have cheese

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: Somehow people find it shocking that I used to have a half black/half white mohawk.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: I absolutely love your soft black hair colour!
    Lady Nemhain, Keeper of the Underworld Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - 2a/2b - F - i

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

LHC name: Venefica

Current hair length: I have no idea, it just reached classic.

Goal hair length: Mid thigh is what I aim for. I would love to get to knee, but I will have to see how the ends are when I get to mid thigh as I want a thick sharp hemline and not just strands at the ends. So far so good though.

When did you start growing your hair?: I had a psychotic incident and cut all my hair off in 2003, then I got to mid 2004, I think it was, of trimming until I had a chin length bob, and I have been growing out from that.

What is your average monthly growth rate?: 1,5 to 2 cm a bit depending on the month.

Do you trim your hair, if so how often?: Not often. I trip the ends once a year, though I have forgotten it this year.

What supplements do you take?: None, but I might start taking some vitamin supplement thing named Spectrum, but that is for all of my health not just my hair.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc?: No but I should.

Do you do scalp massages?: Yes quite often.

What is your favorite shampoo?: Anything by Define with the First Price shampoo on a close second. I also love Body Shop's rose shampoo.

What is your favorite conditioner?: Same as above, anything by Define and as a close second the First Price conditioner.

Favorite leave-in conditioner?: I have not used these nice I was a little name. I do not remember any names.

Favorite deep conditioner or treatment?: Any of the Define ones.

What are your favorite basic oils?: Almond oil.

What are your favorite essential oils?: That depends on what I am using them for. My favorite all around is probably lavender or sandal wood, but for hair I think rosemary. But really essential oils have different uses for different needs so it is hard to have a favorite. I really like the citrus ones as well.

What is your favorite product of all time?: A dead sea salt shampoo I had as a kid, I can not remember it's name though.

What is your least favorite product of all time?: Baby oil it just makes my hair greasy.

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc): Heated styling tools. I only use that on my bangs and even that is very rare.

What do you like most about your hair?: That it is very thick and very straight and that it looks a bit like the hair of a Japanese ghost.

What do you like least about your hair?: My scalp, it often get score and I often have dandruff.

Do you color your hair?: Yes I dye it black.

Do you clarify?: Since I do not know what it is, I think I would have to say no.

How often do you wash your hair?: Once a week.

How long does it take to dry?: Around 3 hours but it often remains damp for the rest of the day.

Do you prefer you hair up or down?: I prefer my hair up in buns.

What is your favorite updo?: My favorite bun is a braided Chinese bun.

Bangs or no bangs?: I have short, straight bangs.

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to?: I do not aspire to have the hair of another, but I am inspired by and wish for one quality or another of to many of the people on this forum to mention.

Do you keep a hair journal?: No.

How many hairtoys do you own?: I have no idea, i have never counted them, quite a few by now.

What is your favourite hairtoy?: Hairsticks

Brush or comb?: Brush

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc?: No

Do you make/sell any hair care products?: No

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought?: A carved horn hairstick with a spider on it. The hairstick have not arrived yet but I am looking forward to it.

What’s your favourite kind of cheese?: I am allergic to diary products but I do love cheese and eat it from time to time even if I should not. I love a cheese named ridder, I think that is my favorite.

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: I and my mother where visiting my grand aunt at the retirement home last week and we got to talking about hair. My mother told my grand aunt that my hair now hang past my butt and reach my thighs. Suddenly a group of elderly gentlemen behind us start giggling and says "what sort of topic for discussion are that!" They where really shocked. They thought my mother talked about my pubic hair, not my head hair as it did not occur to them that head hair could reach a person's thighs.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: Zombi. Well I do not know this person very well, but I love her user name and her avatar picture.

Length
    shldr/tb/class
    Type
    2c/C/iii

LHC name: chainedangel

Current hair length: tailbone to classic. depends if that group of twenty hairs that hit classic count as classic or not.

Goal hair length: terminal

When did you start growing your hair? Got a bad cut almost 7 years ago. Above the shoulder. No cuts since, but did have organic/natural dreadlocks for 2 years that I finished combing out last fall.

What is your average monthly growth rate? I have no idea.

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? No. Tho I could use a good S&D.

What supplements do you take? None

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Nope

Do you do scalp massages? Only if I have a migraine. Though I suppose it would be a good preventative measure.

What is your favourite shampoo? Suave coconut conditioner

What is your favourite conditioner? Suave coconut

Favourite leave-in conditioner? the not quite fully rinsed Suave

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? coconut oil

What are your favourite basic oils? N/A

What are your favourite essential oils? N/A

What is your favourite product of all time? coconut oil

What is your least favourite product of all time? N/A

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) glue?

What do you like most about your hair? my almost curls

What do you like least about your hair? that it is extremely particular.

Do you colour your hair? nope

Do you clarify? once in a great while

How often do you wash your hair? when it starts to feel "off".

How long does it take to dry? forever... Sometimes most of the day.

Do you prefer you hair up or down? depends on the day, I guess.

What is your favourite updo? figure 8 bun

Bangs or no bangs? no bangs. ever.

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? mine. My own future hair.

Do you keep a hair journal? nope

How many hairtoys do you own? ATM? one wavelength pin.

What is your favourite hairtoy? apparently it's my wavelength pin.

Brush or comb? comb. with occasional BBB.

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? blowdry once in a while on cool. need a diffuser.

Do you make/sell any hair care products? nopes.

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? coconut oil

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? gorganzola. made an awesome grilled cheese earlier. reminded me of the people here.

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: Went for a trim 7 years ago. Asked for them to trim my waist length hair into a U shape. Left with a blunt cut above my shoulders. I've never gone back.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: Good choice on hairstick! Must see this spider stick when you get it.

Length
    chin/ftl/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

LHC name: laceyfairy

Current hair length: Between shoulder and APL

Goal hair length: hip, classic, terminal

When did you start growing your hair? Honestly, I only got commited to it this september
    What is your average monthly growth rate? I have no idea.

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? No. My bangs, sometimes.

What supplements do you take? Calcium, vitamin d (both for other reasons)

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Nope

Do you do scalp massages? Sometimes. They feel very nice.
    What is your favourite shampoo? Highly diluted Dr. Bronners

What is your favourite conditioner? Right now I'm using every day shea. I like it.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? a little bit of coconut or jojoba oil

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? coconut oil

What are your favourite basic oils? coconut oil, jojoba oil

What are your favourite essential oils? I don't have one

What is your favourite product of all time? I don't know...

What is your least favourite product of all time? The fruitopia dandruff 2 in 1 and Lush veganiese

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? I don't use cones right now.

What do you like most about your hair? It can deal with stretching washed

What do you like least about your hair? It's too short

Do you colour your hair? Growing out dye right now, tempted to start dying it blurple (blue/purple) or whatever I can get without bleach

Do you clarify? Maybe. But not really

How often do you wash your hair? when it starts to feel "off". Every five to fifteen days, usually

How long does it take to dry? A couple of hours

Do you prefer you hair up or down? I usually have it up, down is fun too

What is your favourite updo? Tucked french braid

Bangs or no bangs? Bangs, right now.

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Carrie Ingalls, luxepiggy, amaretti (I think that's her username, forgive me if I'm wrong), everyone

Do you keep a hair journal? no

How many hairtoys do you own? 3 spin pins, some hair bows

What is your favourite hairtoy? I like my black length of ribbon
    Brush or comb? comb. with occasional BBB.

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? Nope. I used to use a blowfryer or flat iron once a month but I've been heat-free since october

Do you make/sell any hair care products? nopes

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? My spin pins, I think

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? I'm a vegan right now, but when I ate milk, some good mozzerella was enjoyable

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: Not really.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: sweet username.

Length
    16 in/25 in/????
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

LHC name: Libbylou

Current hair length: 19 inches

Goal hair length: Not sure, at least waist

When did you start growing your hair? March 2011

What is your average monthly growth rate? Don't know

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? Just bangs 4-6 weeks. Last end trim September 2011

What supplements do you take? Multi, Omega 3

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Yes, but for overall health and to increase my protein intake. Peanut butter, and salmon.

Do you do scalp massages? Not really

What is your favourite shampoo? Toadstool

What is your favourite conditioner? Don't use any yet.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? Baby oil

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? Does henna/buxus gloss count?

What are your favourite basic oils? Almond and EVO

What are your favourite essential oils? Rose, the only one I have because of the smell.

What is your favourite product of all time? Toadstool shampoo

What is your least favourite product of all time? Panteen body shampoo

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) Main stream hair color.

What do you like most about your hair? It is soft and silky

What do you like least about your hair? It's too thin

Do you colour your hair? henna/buxus gloss

Do you clarify? Yes, every couple months

How often do you wash your hair? 5-6 days week

How long does it take to dry? All night

Do you prefer you hair up or down? up, that is why I am growing it.

What is your favourite updo? atm, French twist

Bangs or no bangs? textured eyebrow length

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Everyone that has waist length or longer

Do you keep a hair journal? No

How many hairtoys do you own? 5 or 6

What is your favourite hairtoy? twist comb atm

Brush or comb? brush

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? Yes, blow dry my bangs and sometimes the length.

Do you make/sell any hair care products? No

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? French Twist Comb

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Jarlsburg

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: When I ask my son if my French twist looks ok he says "Yes, keeps the crazy in".

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: I like the updo's in your album. Especially your failed attempt bun.

Length
    chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

[B]LHC name: nesser33

Current hair length:
    A tiny bit shorter than shoulder length.

Goal hair length: Bra strap length.

When did you start growing your hair?
    Around a year and a half ago. I haven't made much progress, because the people who were cutting my hair for a while would cut too much off, regardless of what I told them. Also, I dye my hair a lot, so it would get damaged at the ends quickly.

What is your average monthly growth rate?
    I don't actually measure my hair (with a ruler), but I would say between a half inch and an inch each month.

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? Yes, I was getting my hair trimmed about every month, but I am started to wait longer between trims now that my hair is healthier.

What supplements do you take?
    Biotin, MSM, hair skin & nails vitamin, folic acid, b-complex, evening primrose oil, fish oil, flaxseed oil, saw palmetto, amino acid complex, collagen supplement, coq-10, and vitamin c. I don't take all of these every day.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc?
    I started drinking coconut milk because I heard that it helps with skin and hair. Otherwise, I try to have a balanced diet, and I take the aforementioned supplements.

Do you do scalp massages?
    Yes, I massage my scalp at least once a day, three times a day max.

What is your favourite shampoo? I like sufate-free natural shampoos like Andalou Natural's Lavander and Biotin shampoo.

What is your favourite conditioner?
    I like natural conditioners. I have so many and have tried so many that it's hard to choose a favorite. Nowadays, I rarely use a "regular" conditioner, except on my scalp. I use deep conditioners when I co-wash most of the time. My favorite for my scalp is probably Giovanni Wellness System Conditioner. I like conditioners with biotin, saw palmetto, and rosemary oil in them. I also like conditioners with things like tea tree, menthol, or peppermint, because I like that "tingly" feeling.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? I use hair oils most of the time as leave-ins. I usually use the Macadamia Natural Oil healing oil.

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? I have a few favorite deep conditioners: Macadamia Natural Oil deep penetrating treatment, Lee Safford's treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past a Certain Length. I use oils as treatments as well. My favorite oil for treatments is the Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut oil, which has ayurvedic herbs and coconut oil.

What are your favourite basic oils? Argan oil, jojoba oil, macadamia oil, coconut oil, neem oil, etc. As far as products go, I like the Organix hair oils, the Macadamia Natural Oil oil treatment, Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil, Alterna Bamboo Kendi oil, etc.

What are your favourite essential oils?
    Rosemary, tea tree, neem (is neem an essential oil?), lavander.

What is your favourite product of all time?
    This is a really tough question to answer. I don't think I have an overall favorite, because I've tried so many, and there are too many different products that have different uses.

What is your least favourite product of all time? I hate any heat protectants or hair products with Alcohol denat. in them. They dry my hair out, and always end up smelling like rubbing alcohol after I've had them a few months. I also dislike Pantene products (sorry to bash them!). I used to love pantene before I started coloring my hair and straightening it (this was when I was like 12 XD). I also dislike products with no recognizable ingredients/ natural ingredients. If I read a label and it has nothing but chemicals, I don't even bother. Also, petroleum and mineral-oil based products.

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) Petroleum and petroleum-based products. I made this mistake once, but never again!

What do you like most about your hair? I like that it is naturally relatively straight, and that it seems to be able to bounce back from being damaged pretty quickly. Right now I like that it is soft, but that's only because I've been babying it. Also, my hair never gets tangly (except for right after I use henna.)

What do you like least about your hair?
    My hair does not hold a curl for more than about an hour. I've never been able to curl my hair and have it stay, even with loads of hairspray.

Do you colour your hair? Yes. I have dyed my hair with boxed dyes for almost 5 years, and I've bleached my hair about 4 times in that 5-year span. Recently, Ive been dying my hair with henna.

Do you clarify? Not really, to be honest. I used to, but now it dried my hair out way too much. Sometimes I'll use a sulfate shampoo if I want my hair really clean, so maybe that counts as clarifying?

How often do you wash your hair? I co-wash my hair every night. I can't go without at least rinsing my hair, because my forehead is super oily and I wear bangs. Plus, having an unclean scalp makes it hard for me to sleep at night. I only use shampoo about once a week now, sometimes less.

How long does it take to dry? Around an hour. My hair is pretty thick.

Do you prefer you hair up or down? I prefer it down. I'm prone to headaches, and having my hair pulled back tends to cause them. Also, my hair is at a length where most up-do's are impossible. I can just make a ponytail.

What is your favourite updo?
    Probably just a ponytail.

Bangs or no bangs?
    Bangs, on myself. My forehead is too massive to not wear bangs.

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? I just made this account today, so I'm not familiar with the users yet. I saw a photo on the internet of a woman who'd been dying her hair with henna for two years, and her hair was around mid-back length, a gorgeous red, and so shiny and healthy. That is my ideal hair.

Do you keep a hair journal? I do not. I'm thinking about starting.

How many hairtoys do you own? I'm not sure what this means? Like straighteners and stuff?

What is your favourite hairtoy?
    What.

Brush or comb? Cpmb. If I use a brush at this length, my hair gets really wavy.

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? I have stopped straightening my hair aside from the occasional touch-up of my bangs. I only use a blowdryer when I'm doing a hot-oil treatment or when I'm using henna on my hair.

Do you make/sell any hair care products? Nope.

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought?
    I got some hair mayonnaise and a toner conditioner for red hair from Sally's.

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Pepperjack!

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: I can't really think of any? I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. lol.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you:
    You have pretty hair! And I envy your ability to do the french-twist. Ive never learned how to braid my hair that way.

Length
    ~21/31/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

LHC name: Jesabel

Current hair length: MBL (approx 27.5 inches)

Goal hair length: Hip length!

When did you start growing your hair? Early last year but I was still abusing it.. growing productively and healthfully when I joined LHC last November.

What is your average monthly growth rate? Just over average I think

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? Slowly growing out damage, going to my hair dresser about every 4 months or as long as I can, and also dusting myself in between.

What supplements do you take? At the moment, a multivitamin, silica and a formulation for my joints which has some sort of sulfate in it.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Not particularly, I am a vegetarian and have been trying to up my protein and iron.

Do you do scalp massages? Yes I've recently started

What is your favourite shampoo? Sukin shampoos and they are sulfate free.

What is your favourite conditioner? Sukin extra conditioning and also liking Garnier Fructis for normal hair.. my hair seems to like it.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? My usual conditioner blended with coconut or avocado oil.

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? Whatever I mix up myself!

What are your favourite basic oils? Olive oil, coconut and avocado

What are your favourite essential oils? Rosemary EO

What is your favourite product of all time? Not sure

What is your least favourite product of all time? Coney products, experimented with them again after going cone free and they're not for me!

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) Cones, unless I'm heat styling (which is rare nowadays) and sls unless clarifying

What do you like most about your hair? My wave pattern, when it behaves!

What do you like least about your hair? That it's damaged from past colouring and heat styling

Do you colour your hair? No, been growing out my natural colour for 6 months now

Do you clarify? Only when it seems to really need it, but that's not often.

How often do you wash your hair? Every second day

How long does it take to dry? I'm not quite sure.. a few hours if I leave it down for it to be fully dry perhaps

Do you prefer you hair up or down? I like it both ways

What is your favourite updo? Perhaps a braided bun, I can't do much with it at the moment

Bangs or no bangs? Side fringe!

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? There are so many beautiful heads of hair here, can't choose

Do you keep a hair journal? Nope

How many hairtoys do you own? Not too many, two hair sticks and some large claw clips and one fork

What is your favourite hairtoy? I like my hair clips I got from Thailand, very pretty

Brush or comb? wide tooth comb

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? Occassionally a blow dryer on a low setting, saving my straightener for a special occasion

Do you make/sell any hair care products? Nope

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? Probably a conditioner

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Camembert or Brie!

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: I don't think I have one

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: She is very pretty and has lovely red hair!
    | CBL | SL | BSL | MBL | WL+ | HL |

Type
    1a/F/M/iii

LHC name: Ticky

Current hair length: Inch or so from TBL

Goal hair length: No goals for now

When did you start growing your hair? 6 years ago

What is your average monthly growth rate? I am not sure. It is probably 1cm or so

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I do, about once a month.

What supplements do you take? None.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Nope.

Do you do scalp massages? No

What is your favourite shampoo? I used to really like one herbal essences shampoo, don't remember which one it was

What is your favourite conditioner? The conditioner that went with the above mentioned shampoo.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? Don't have one.

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? I don't deep condition

What are your favourite basic oils? When I used to oil, olive oil was pretty good.

What are your favourite essential oils? None

What is your favourite product of all time? Probably that shampoo I mentioned

What is your least favourite product of all time? One conditioner that was only made where I live, it left me with horrible sticky hair. I think they discontinued it.

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) No

What do you like most about your hair? The color.

What do you like least about your hair? Not sure.

Do you colour your hair? Nope.

Do you clarify? Yep.

How often do you wash your hair? Once a week.

How long does it take to dry? At least 5 hours, don't know exactly.

Do you prefer you hair up or down? I would prefer it down, but then it gets in my face... So half up

What is your favourite updo? Just a random claw clip bun.

Bangs or no bangs? No, not on me.

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Nobody's. They are all lovely, but I just don't.

Do you keep a hair journal? No.

How many hairtoys do you own? I don't own any sticks or flexi-8s, only a bunch of bobby pins, claw clips and hair ties.

What is your favourite hairtoy? Them claw clips

Brush or comb? Brush

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? I use a blow dryer if it is necessary.

Do you make/sell any hair care products? No.

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? Shampoo.

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? I like smoked cheese

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: Hmmm. Well I remember our teacher telling us how she was standing near a horse once, and the horse ripped some of her hair and scalp skin off.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: She is very pretty

Length
    25"/28"/39"
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

LHC name: CurlySasha

Current hair length: BSL when curly, a few inches past when straight.

Goal hair length: Hip, maybe tailbone! I want hip when it's curly, but I don't know how long that'll be straight!

When did you start growing your hair? Real growing? Maybe... March 2012?

What is your average monthly growth rate? I'm not sure, but I think somewhere around 1/2 inch.

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I trim it myself, whenever I need it!

What supplements do you take? Surprisingly, none.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? I sometimes go out of my way to eat healthy fats like nuts and avocado.

Do you do scalp massages? Yup! I love em

What is your favourite shampoo? Don't have one at the moment...

What is your favourite conditioner? Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm is the bomb! (pun intended )

Favourite leave-in conditioner? I just leave some of my conditioner in!

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? Either a deep oiling (with EVOO) or applying a ton of my conditioner and leaving it overnight.

What are your favourite basic oils? EVOO and coconut oil! Yum yum

What are your favourite essential oils? None!

What is your favourite product of all time? Either EVOO, coconut oil or the Biolage Conditioning Balm (see a pattern here? )

What is your least favourite product of all time? I don't feel like I've tried enough things to be the judge...

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) I am cone and sulfate free!

What do you like most about your hair? When my curls are behaving, I luv 'em

What do you like least about your hair? How dry and breakage prone it is

Do you colour your hair? Nope! Au naturelle baby!

Do you clarify? Nahhh.

How often do you wash your hair? Every 3-4 days.

How long does it take to dry? FOREVER! 2 hours minimum.

Do you prefer you hair up or down? Down, of course, but that's too damaging.

What is your favourite updo? My standard, daily cinnabun.

Bangs or no bangs? No bangs!

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Oh, there are way to many to name! All of you LHCers with long, shiny hair... I admire you!

Do you keep a hair journal? Absolutely! My length measurements (when wet/ combed straight), my hair goals etc.

How many hairtoys do you own? Only one! The real world (aka my school) is not appreciative of them, so I just use thick, metal free elastics. My one hair toy is a beautiful chopstick.

What is your favourite hairtoy? Look above!

Brush or comb? Comb all the way!

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? Nope! Once in a blue moon I'll blowfry on cool, but that's it!

Do you make/sell any hair care products? Sometimes I mix food and put it on my head, but that's it!

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? A pack of thick metal-free elastics!

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? I'm not a fan My favourite would probably just be mozzarella

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: Here's one for the shocking category, the story of how I got my bangs. Pre-LHC, I was mindlessly fiddling with a comb and my face-framing layers. It got horribly, irreversibly tangled, and I had to chop it all off. *sigh*

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: From your avatar, your hair colour is STUNNING and it looks sooo glossy and shiny!
    Last edited by CurlySasha; June 5th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Almost BSL- BSL- MBL- Waist- Hip (all goals while curly)
    My LHC blog, with videos of me singing

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

LHC name: Guenever

Current hair length: 29-30"

Goal hair length: Mid-thigh (50")

When did you start growing your hair? I joined here in August 2006, but had a 2½ year break from mid 2009 to December 2011 due to a drastic chop and traveling.. Now, I'm back around WL and less frustrated.

What is your average monthly growth rate? 0,5" a month.. pretty average..

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I've been maintaining since February this year to improve the condition/thickness of my ends, but I'm growing tired of this length - so now I'm letting it grow for a while..

What supplements do you take? A daily multi-vitamin..

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Nope..

Do you do scalp massages? Not really..

What is your favourite shampoo? CV bars (babassu and marsh mallow + soapnut and sunflower)

What is your favourite conditioner? I don't use condish.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? ACV/white vinegar-rinses with a few drops of tea tree oil.
    (I'll be receiving my Panacea salves soon, so maybe they'll be added to the list?)

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? EVOO/almond oil.

What are your favourite basic oils? EVOO and almond oil.

What are your favourite essential oils? Dunno..

What is your favourite product of all time? Have to choose two. CV bars + vinegar

What is your least favourite product of all time? Just about every product containing cones.

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) I'm pretty open-minded, but since cones gave me nothing but lank, dry and odd-looking hair, they're a big NO-NO.

What do you like most about your hair? Hmm.. dunno. The softness I think

What do you like least about your hair? My ends.. they just won't thicken.

Do you colour your hair? Nope not anymore - and I grew out the dye years ago.

Do you clarify? Well, yes.. I shampoo

How often do you wash your hair? every 3-4 days

How long does it take to dry? I damp bun, so easily all day!

Do you prefer you hair up or down? I love the frame of hair around my face - but I feel more comfortable with it up..

What is your favourite updo? A flipped-up cinnabun

Bangs or no bangs? No bangs..

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? There are SO many beautiful heads of hair here - curlies, wurlies and straighties - but I've found that jel, BlueMuse, Stagecoach and SwordWomanRiona have hair types that are quite similar to mine.. and I'd LOVE to get to where they are today.

Do you keep a hair journal? Nah.. I only keep track of my growth and snap occational hair shots..

How many hairtoys do you own? Aeeeh.. a LOT?? Let me get back to you on that one :P

What is your favourite hairtoy? My auburn graydog.. My everyday stick.. subtle color and perfectly smooth.

Brush or comb? Neither.. I finger-comb.

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? Nope, nothing..

Do you make/sell any hair care products? I did.. but not anymore..

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? A single stick with light blue danglies from Nightshade..

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? CHEDDAR!!

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: Can't think of anything right now..

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: Sadly, CurlySasha doesn't have any pics up, but I'm sure that her 3a curls are incredibly enviable!
    Last edited by Guenever; May 19th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"