Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: X O Braid

Length
    15/30.5/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: X O Braid

Holy cow! That's fabulous! An easy braid that looks super insanely hard and gorgeous. I like that there is a casual and formal option, too. I'll definitely try it on the kiddo first, my arms will probably fall off when I try it on myself!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

AAARRGG!!! ugh im not going to be attempting this one again on myself any time soon..
    1. my hair refuses to stay seperated
    2. i cant braid and tilt my head at the same time
    3. took forever
    4. its hot in my house and when its hot i get frustrated easily

well i did take pictures as promised.. but they arent good..

here it is in the x braid form.. i had so much trouble with the front half on both sides..

and here is it pinned

eta: is it just me or does it look a lot like the regency bun thing i did before?

and the regency bun was super easy.. *frustrated stomp*
    Last edited by squiggyflop; July 5th, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
    can i call this classic length

Type
    2a/M/iii

squiggyflop did you use hairties to separate the sections? I did, and I didn't have any trouble keeping them apart, tho it was sort of hard sometimes figuring out which hair was part of which section when I got to the cross point.
    I bet the hot day also made your hair more uncooperative - heat always makes my hair into a (disorganized) rebel army.
    I have to say, besides the new pattern and the very beginning, I found it surprisingly easy. Mentally challenging, sure, but it worked out pretty well for my hands. I was also doing it on wet, well-combed hair, so that might have had something to do with it.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnafindel View Post
    squiggyflop did you use hairties to separate the sections? I did, and I didn't have any trouble keeping them apart, tho it was sort of hard sometimes figuring out which hair was part of which section when I got to the cross point.
    I bet the hot day also made your hair more uncooperative - heat always makes my hair into a (disorganized) rebel army.
    I have to say, besides the new pattern and the very beginning, I found it surprisingly easy. Mentally challenging, sure, but it worked out pretty well for my hands. I was also doing it on wet, well-combed hair, so that might have had something to do with it.
    my hair was dry and fluffy.. that might be why i had trouble.. my hair is always more happy to be braided wet but my french and dutch braids look lumpy if i do them wet for some reason..
    i think i was just too upset being stuck in that hot stuffy 85 degree bathroom..

maybe ill try again in the fall when its nice and cool and ive had more practice braiding (ive only been french and dutch braiding for like 2 weeks now (this style was only my third dutch braided hairstyle ive ever done on myself.. its not too bad for the third one.. ive been concentrating on french braids too much)

oh and yes i used hairties..
    Last edited by squiggyflop; July 5th, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
    can i call this classic length