Thread: Castile vs. Shampoo Bar?

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Castile vs. Shampoo Bar?

How do you guys dilute a bar of soap?

I use the liquid Castile Soap. But if you have bars you can use a cheese greater. But I think it still needs some time to dilute- with hot water its faster.

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by whiteisle View Post
    What about Dr. Bonner's? Here's an ingredient list for the almond liquid soap:

INGREDIENTS:
    Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vit. E), * Certified Fair Trade by IMO

Would this work like a poo bar if followed by an acid rinse?
    I seen this at wal mart the bar one and im going to buy it and use it I think,the ingredients look really good to me.

I tried Dr Bronner's in various different recipes, and the littlest amount just make my hair so horrible! Feels good while washing, but afterwards is very crunchy/oily/ ... just weird.

I've used regualr bar soap, not the leading-brand detergent-based stuff, but a palm oil real soap. My hair liked it. I switched to Dr. Bronner liquid because it was easier to use, and I like their products. It was a bit drying. I now have switched to their bar soap and my hair is doing awesome. I have never used a 'poo bar. I have always used a citric acid after all these. I have been doing this for 7 months, so I can say it works for me.

You don't have to dilute the bar soap. Just put it on top of your head and duck under the water. That will get the lather started.