Thread: Sallow and Olive Skin tones

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Sallow and Olive Skin tones

Hi,
    I'm half-italian and have naturally very dark brown hair with orangey-red undertones in the light. My skin during the winter months is a sallow pale colour that looks yellow sometimes green!! and in the summer I get a very deep tan very quickly. I've posted threads recently about dying my hair as I'm bored of the colour. I was thinking of lighter highlights and a different shade of brown but i'm weary of what will suit my tone? Who has sallow- olive skin with yellow undertones and what colours have you tried and loved/hated?

Length
    BSL/waist/term!
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Sallow and Olive Skin tones

I have this kind of skin. People don't realize how yellow it is until any attempt to put on a regular foundation shows up as BRIGHT PINK!

I just use a dark henna over my dark hair, now. Various shades of red and warm dark blonde have worked well in the past, though.

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Warm colors. I used to have very dark brown hair when I was young and it would get reddish in the sun. Now I use henna and find that the orange red suits my skin tone! Once years ago I bleached my hair an ashy color and looked dead lol. Same thing happened when I dyed my hair black.

djh
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

i also have olive skin that seems to get very pale in the winter even though i tan well in the summer. i find that ANY kind of red or orange in my hair makes my skin look horrble.

i haven't colored my hair in over 2 years, but my ends that were once colored still seem to get orange undertones in the summer so i like to use amla and aveda's blue malva conditioner to get the orange out.

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

bellcat, i would like to add that i just looked at your hair growth album and you have beautiful hair! i hope mine is as long as yours one day

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

awh thanks for your replies and the hair compliment. This is the longest my hair has ever been!

Are there any red hair colors that go with this skin tone?

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I think I have this skin colour, too. I stay out of the sun so its a weird opaque tone. It can look very pale, but always with a sick undertone, not pink. I also have dark circles, and in some places it gets darker, for example, around the corner of the eyes, my elbows or fingers...its weird. I have coloured my hair a natural red/light auburn before and people have thought it was my colour, I have also had black hair, and I do like the contrast against my skin but I also feel it makes me look more plain, and boring. Brown eyed, weird opaque skin, dark circles, lots of moles and sort of freckles...you get the picture. I constantly struggle to find the best hair colour for me...
    Shiny black hair, but looking boring, plain and of darker complexion (think more "exotic" which I dislike) vs. Dyeing hair, the roots, etc...
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mcgg417 View Post
    Are there any red hair colors that go with this skin tone?
    I dunno. I have that skin tone, and my dark brown hair flashes red in the sunlight, maybe nature thinks so?

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I am a cool toned olive, believe it or not. Hennaing my hair just made me look ill. I am currently wearing red violet in my hair, so that probably won't help you.