Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Difference Between Dark Blonde and Light Brown Hair?

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Default Re: Difference Between Dark Blonde and Light Brown Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by coscass View Post
    Try this. We had to learn to type hair like this in cosmetology school. http://www.headhuntershair.com/hair/newimagecolors.jpg
    Cool, that means that my hair would be pecan brown.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

good question...I always called my (well since its been growing out to natural color) light brown, but I have heard others refer to it as dark blonde, I think I like the sound of that better

I have a bad habit of calling anyone with hair lighter than mine, blond; and if it's darker I call it black. I have not, however, called anyone's hair mousy or dishwater.
    Lady Ianuariae of the Healing Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    17/30/trmn
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redneckprincess View Post
    good question...I always called my (well since its been growing out to natural color) light brown, but I have heard others refer to it as dark blonde, I think I like the sound of that better
    Looking at your sig pics, I'd say your hair is definitely blonde. I've still got some wash-out dye in my hair so I can't tell what color my hair is based on that chart. Then there's the whole indoor vs outdoor lighting and are the colors showing true on my monitor, how good is my printer, etc.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I don't call anyone else's hair dishwater or mousy. MY hair however is mouse brown, and thus it has had henna encounters because I want red hair instead.

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cmnt831 View Post
    I have a bad habit of calling anyone with hair lighter than mine, blond; and if it's darker I call it black. I have not, however, called anyone's hair mousy or dishwater.
    Its odd isn't it? Peoples perceptions of hair color? I was one of 2 white girls in my high school graduating class and was generally considered 'blonde' by a large proportion of the school because my brown was so much lighter than anyone else's brown on campus

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by xoxophelia View Post
    I just call my natural color blonette. XD

People seem to look at me when I called it blonde and say "you aren't blonde" and if I called myself brunette I would get the opposite. These people practically sounded offended! And personally, *I* consider it offensive when people call it dish water or mousy.

If your hair gets gold highlights under the sun, I here by dub thee blonette.

Sounds much prettier.
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by teela1978 View Post
    Its odd isn't it? Peoples perceptions of hair color? I was one of 2 white girls in my high school graduating class and was generally considered 'blonde' by a large proportion of the school because my brown was so much lighter than anyone else's brown on campus
    My problem is probably thinking of hair color in very simplistic terms. You're either blond, brown, red, black, gray or white. I hope I don't have to start a support group for people who think of hair color in overly-simplistic terms. Because that title would be too cumbersome.... This is pretty interesting, though. The people I hang out with off the internet don't discuss these kinds of topics.
    Lady Ianuariae of the Healing Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2c/M/ii

Like some PPs I just don't call it anything since either way people correct me. I've been on the border of brown and blond since I was about 8 (was light blonde as a baby). When I was in the Midwest it was definitely brown but here in the East people are conflicted.

It grows in different shades (and types) on different areas of my head, and sun shows up mostly in the last 1/3" of my length. Confusing. On that chart I would say it's 'russet' instead of 'pecan'! I've never thought of myself as having red hair tho I know it's a very warm tone.

I like 'hair-colored'.

Length
    33"/34.5/37"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Up until recently I considered myself blonde, because I used to get very blonde if I spent a lot of time in the sun, and I was a platinum blonde child until I was 7 or 8. But, I haven't spent time in the sun for several years, and my hair is getting darker and darker and darker. I've got light brown hair now, with red undertones.

Good news for me is that other people with a similar starting colors seem to get very natural looking chestnut reds with henna. I'm going to start using cassia and henna glosses, and I'm hoping my results are similar (I live in fear of Bozo orange, lol!).