Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thyroid Problems and Hair Growth?

Length
    12/33/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Thyroid Problems and Hair Growth?

I've had hashimoto's since 1994. It hasn't really affected my hair. I think as long as you have the right dose for you, it'll be fine.
    current:hip 33"
    1st goal: waist 32"
    2nd goal tailbone 37" (40'' wet)

Length
    chin/TB/knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I'm hypothyroid and in the past couple of years since my diagnosis I've definitely noticed increased shedding and dryness. In fact, that's what lead me to the LHC boards . I've babied my hair for about a year now, and it makes a huge difference. The only real problem I have now is lack of natural shine, which does NOT thrill me I'll be trying the fish oil supplements though, I'm curious to see whether or not they make a difference.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Dunno
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I'm hypothyroid, due to a lump on my thyroid. At first my hair would not stop falling out, but once I got on the right dosage of Synthroid, and changed my diet, it stopped. My hair never got back to the thickness that it was before I developed it, but my hair is at least healthy. I'm making sure to find exactly what my hair needs to be as healthy as possible, I think that's what's worked the most.

Length
    waist/TB/long

I am hypothyroid too, but have not noticed it affecting my hair. It is not dry or brittle or falling out at all. I guess not everyone has hair problems with hypothyroid.

Length
    12/???/45
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

I am hypothyroid as well. I can tell that my already fine, thin hair has less volume. I'm reading Stop the Thyroid Madness right now, after checking out the website and the forums.

My Dr. put me on Armour without me asking. He does bio-identical hormone.replacement. If you want to do Armour and your current Dr. won't, call a BHRT practice and ask. Also, you can call a compounding pharmacy near you and ask about Dr.'s who prescribe it.

I'm freaked out about my hair thinning, as I've been growing it for several years now and enjoy having longer hair. I'll never have the wrist thick braid I've seen on some here, but I find my hair pretty in it's own way. I don't want it to get any thinner. I can see scalp when I put it up! Yikes!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Space empty until further notice

Length
    1.5/1.5/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rubyann View Post
    I am hypothyroid as well. I can tell that my already fine, thin hair has less volume. I'm reading Stop the Thyroid Madness right now, after checking out the website and the forums.

My Dr. put me on Armour without me asking. He does bio-identical hormone.replacement. If you want to do Armour and your current Dr. won't, call a BHRT practice and ask. Also, you can call a compounding pharmacy near you and ask about Dr.'s who prescribe it.

I'm freaked out about my hair thinning, as I've been growing it for several years now and enjoy having longer hair. I'll never have the wrist thick braid I've seen on some here, but I find my hair pretty in it's own way. I don't want it to get any thinner. I can see scalp when I put it up! Yikes!!
    I know how you feel, I'm trying to baby my hair (its awfully brittle) and trying to increase my thickness as it grows out, the ends need alot of trimming, they're straggly from when my hair was actively falling out last year. it doesnt seem to be falling out anymore, but i'm always wondering about how long i'll be able to have nice hair.

I'm pretty sure i've got no hope of armour anytime soon, so I'm hoping theres not quite as much thyroid madness as they say...