Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Brushing and hairgrowth

Length
    10/15/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Brushing and hairgrowth

Yaaay! thanks chloedharma for starting a thread on brushing...i love the feel of brushing my hair. but whenever i forget to for a while, i shed till i am back to my routine of brushing everyday. Thats what George michael says in his book that when you start brush only 20 strokes, the next day 40 strokes. go on till you reach roughly a 100. but if you miss out one day go back to 80 strokes ie reduce by 20 strokes for every day missed.

well, but different people have different opinions but brushing does help me

cheers

Length
    17.25/17.25/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I've been brushing at least twice daily (scalp only, and my hair is not generally tangly, anyway) since I read this thread - and it has really helped to control my shedding!! Between this and changing to cool water when I wash my hair, I have really diminished the amount of hairs I shed daily! We'll see in the long term how this does for the baby hairs I always have at my temples!
    Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist!
    << I miss this hair
    DanielleDoucette.com

i believe that the amount of my time spent brushing my hair and massaging my scalp is rewarded with faster growth speed...besides cant harm any and feels good so why not...give it a try ☺

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

My dad would brush my hair a lot when I was younger, and it grew very fast.(I got 3 inches taken off every 6 months, and my hair grew to my thighs from about shoulder length in a few years. As a result, it grew at an above average rate.) Of course, my hair grows very fast normally. I think the key issue with brushing is brushing on curly hair(frizz), and brushing while wet(damage).

I don't think there's much harm with using a brush on straight hair to distribute the oils down. It's the only way I can get them down when my hair hasn't been washed for a few days, or I want to apply almost any oil.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    I haven't noticed any threads on this again yet so i thought i'd start one.

Has anybody found scalp brushing has improved their growth, or maybe reduced shedding and/or reversed hairloss?

I find when i do this daily and scalp massage my shedding dramatically reduces.

Here's a link to one womans story of reversing hair loss/thinning by brushing...

http://recedinghairline.blogspot.com/
    Oh wow. Must start brushing my hair more often.

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I brush morning and night with my denman wet brush, just to prevent tangles when making my day bun or my night french braid I've been doing lately. (Update, the damage I noticed when i had french braid to sleep before was due to BBB I was also using at the time, because now I have almost zero splits.) I don't brush very much, and I find when I do brush, even when I have tangles, I hardly shed at all. I won't be changing my brush routine because I think this is working well for me currently!
    Collarbone ... Mid-back ... Waist ... *Hip* ... Tailbone... Classic ... Mid-thigh​

Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Okay. I stopped using my BBB because it didn't agree with my lengths, but I might have to try some of the tricks on this thread.